Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.

i know the score with german style number plates.. but i'm thinking about getting some, how many of you out there have these on your car? has any of you had any run in's with the police about them...

thanks in advanced

james

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi mate Ive not got them but want some when i get my p/ plate. Ive seen them on some other golfs on the road couldnt tell you if theyve had any trouble.

Lee

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Touch wood guys aslong as they are the reflective style plates then i think you should be ok as these are the ones i have and i got questioned by my local ossifer when i was dropping my boys off at school before xmas and he came over and said " i was just looking at your plates " " yes " i said "are they legal then" he asked " Yes " i said again " it's just i decided to get a D instead of the GB " i said " it goes with the car being a german marque " " yea i see what you mean sir bye " i was like wow ok was just winging it really but never mind i aint complaining

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey all...Got my new german fonted plates for xmas.Put em on today got pulled tonight S Yorks..Turns out the NICE policemen ran a check and pulled me for no insurance?????..they were happy with the plates.(german font with D in blue square) but got a producer for my insurance.Got home and checked it,turns out the southern jesse of a broker misunderstood my northern accent and put a V instead of a B on the documents.would,nt mind but I,ve used the guy for 2 years..Anyway,point is plod were ok with the plates....Oh...they have a button in the Police Volvo that says "FULL MONTY"...I,ll let u guess what its for..

·
Registered
567 Posts
Shit mate are you covered now??? and what are they going to do about you not being insured??

Had my plates for nearly 2 years now and touch wood not 1 pull , the guy on the eurotunnel asked about them but only because he liked them

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi, i've had my german plates for 2 years now and never been pulled over? (brighton, south coast)

but now, i would like to have white background german plate for front and back. do u guys still i will get pulled for wrong colour?

·
Registered
275 Posts
them plates for 2 one white one yellow with 2 back plates is $49.80 with P+P is this around what you paid? and what does that work out in british pounds? also was there any extra fee's? cheers

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
at the minute with the exchange it works out around ?27 - ?30, which isn't too bad & there were no extra fees, just may take a while to arrive as the copnay that Chris (germanplates.com) uses sometimes mixes up the orders and stuff bound for the UK gets organised with USA pile, this delays postage by a week or two but they will arrive.

My first set arrives in 5 days, but the one i have on order now, have been ordered about 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
337 Posts
All sorted,Broker apologised lots,produced documents at local station this morning,still not verified on their system but everythings in order...One thing I forgot to mention,when pulled,plod went to left window,hehe guess them german plates really work...hehe

1 - 20 of 44 Posts