Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I know of someone selling some Genuine RS4 alloys off an Audi TT and i have checked if they are the correct fitment for my MK4 golf and they are aparently! Can anyone give me the part number that would be stamped on the wheel so i can to see if they are genuine or not?

They are asking for ?400 for them, they look from the pics in top condtion with good Pirelli PZeros 225/40/18, does this seem a good price if they actually are genuine?

And last but not least, i have a 03 GT TDI 150 currently with 16" Montreal 2 (the standard wheels) will these wheels make any difference to acceleration and top speed? Being as there genuine (hopefully) then they should be lighter and be of the same rolling radius as my current 16" wheels right?

Thanks for looking and any answers much apreciated [:)]

Ben.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tabs,

So does anyone know how good or bad 18's will effect my GT TDI 150?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think their affect on performance will be negligible really. They won't be lighter than your 16" wheels, but will be lighter than any reps. Might add a bit to acceleration times but the biggest difference will be to handling - the ride will be noticeably firmer.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea thats the thing i was worried about, i dont want a firm ride, might be worth hanging on to see if can get some good santa monicas then, then the ride quality should stay the same?

Anyone got any pics of a TDI 150 on 18" with standard suspension so i can see the ride height, and if by any chance a TDI 150 on santas.

Cheers, and happy new year to all! [Y]

·
Registered
442 Posts
There are some good pics in the mkiv wheels section of the forum, a whole thread just showing different wheels, this will be usefull.

As for ride height, the 150's have slightly uprated and lowered suspension anyhow so they will probably look ok (better with 30mm drop though [:p])

Origional wheels are light and strong so you mpg shouldnt get hit too bad. Also the acceleration is slightly stunted but a decent re-map should more than sort that out [;)]

If you are going to go for the santas, let me know.... I'll have some origional RS4's for ?400, I already have someone who wants my Rep. wheels too [:D] Let me know if you dont want them [Y]

End of the day they are going to look well smart on your car, so even if the ride is a little firmer and the performance is slightly compramised... it will be worth it. But like I said, let me know if your going for the santas.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i had a look in there, so many wheels to choose from!! lol...

Yea i thought the 150's had different suspension set up, i think there 25mm lower arent they? That should be enough surely, just dont want to have to lower it if i dont have to as this will make the ride firmer aswell wont it.

I've been waiting for ages for some genuines to come up for that reason so i think i will get them and if im not happy with the ride quality of them then i will sell them on,. So your saying ?400 is a good price for genuine rs4s with good P zero tyres on then?

Cant find any pics of a grey (anthracite) mk4 on RS4's anywhere, would be nice to see what its gonna look like before i buy.

Cheers phil.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If the origional RS4's are in good condition with good tyres ?100 per wheel is a good price. I know you'd be looking more like ?300+ per wheel for new ones with new (brand name) tyres.

Your ride will be firmer but it will handle much better in the corners... much less body roll.

There is a good pic of a dark blue golf with 18" RS4's on that wheel thred (think its the second page). I recon its a gti so it will have the same suspension set up as yours, good for a comarison. The front looks nice (small arch gap) with a slightly bigger gap at the rear. That said it looks much lower than my standard PD130 set up... I realy need to get mine lowered.

End of the day if you dont like em you'll easy sell them on.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Got the originals on mine, and i think they look really different to replica's in the flesh, as they have a slight dish to the face, compared to replica's which are flat. Made mine seems quicker, but probably cos i can push it harder round corners. It is a firmer ride compared to the Monty II's, and it has made a couple of mpg difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HI,

HELP!!! Just got some original RS4 from a TT and they don't fit!!!

HardeepG you say yours fit your car - did you have to do anything special. It seems that the PCD is different. I have a GT TDI 115PD - Are the front and rear hubs different to yours?

Anyone got any suggestions - the web seems to be full of contradictions on wheel sizes... Anyone with any actual past experience of this problem...? i would appreciate your help!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Thanks Tabs,

So does anyone know how good or bad 18's will effect my GT TDI 150?
compared to 16's, 18 inch wheels will:

Create loads more tyre and road noise - omg, it's quite alarming at first.

create a much harsher ride

make the acceleration drop slightly

make your fuel economy get worse too

plus points:

increased grip levels (better traction and shorter braking distances)

look nicer

·
Registered
442 Posts
compared to 16's, 18 inch wheels will:

Create loads more tyre and road noise - omg, it's quite alarming at first.

create a much harsher ride

make the acceleration drop slightly

make your fuel economy get worse too

plus points:

increased grip levels (better traction and shorter braking distances)

look nicer
Also there is less body roll in the corners... due to the low profile side wall. And IMO the posatives out weigh the negatives... especially the looks. [;)]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Found out what the problem is:

The Genuine TT RS4 alloys are actually Genuine A4 RS4 alloys.

The PCD of the TT is 100 but the PCD of the A4 is 112!! They will fit on a Mk5 but not a Mk4!!

So essentially i have wasted ?350 on a set of genuine RS4 alloys with P Zeros.. numpty!

Anyone with a Mk5 interested in buying them please get in touch!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Where abouts in the UK are you mate...

Sorry to hear they dont fit...gutted! I would have thought they would go straight on, no problem!

A mate of mine is currently buying some A8 wheels (previously on a mk4 golf) for his A4. If what you say is true, my mate might have a similar problem. If he does I will let him know you have some genuine A4 RS4 wheels for sale. I'm sure you'll sell them no probs. Could even advertise them on an Audi forum maybe?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Brighton.

I may have it wrong (again!) but i have read around the web and found that the A4 has 112 PCD. I am so confused!! Maybe they are off an A6.. I have also had the guy who sold them to me telling me that he actually took them off a TT himself personally - which i really can not understand as everywhere i have looked the TT has the same PCD as the Mk 4...

All i know for definite is that they don't fit the Mk4!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Gutted.... but I have to say I am surprised... I would have put my mortgage on TT wheels going straight on a mk4.

Still, is seems you have got them at a good price. If they are no good to you you might even be able to make a bit of a profit on ebay?!

So is the different stud pattern because they are TT or what? I have seen loads of TT wheels on mk4's. Think I'm as confused as you mate!!! [:S]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the guy i bought them off (ebay) is full of poo. Searched around Audi forums and the Mk1 TT is 5 x 100 PCD. The Mk2 is a 5 x 112 PCD but i reckon ( i can tell!) the wheels are more than a few months old!

I have put an ad in the classifieds on here (should appear tomorrow) and hopefully they will sell for somewhere near what i paid for them, They aren't in tip top condition but they are not bad - they could do with a refurb (which i was going to do if only they had fit).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts