Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

well basically i caught my bumper on a lovely block of ice just before new years..reversed the car slowly and the bumper kinda wanted to stay put and got yanked back.

the bumper flexed, and one of these sliders must have popped out..or was on its way out..because theres no trace of it!

The 'slider' im on about is basically a black piece of plastic with holes in it..this attatches to the inside of my bumper...

..which then allows the bumper to 'slide' onto teeth which are on the wing if that makes sense. if you have a genuine r32 bumper you'll know what i mean. so anyway..i went to the local stealers THREE times and every time i left they sold me a fecking mk5 r32 bumper attatchment. after playing hell with them for the last time i was refunded, and basically told that if i wanted a slider id need a new bumper because its not something thats seperate even though i had a part number!?[:mad:] (off the passenger side anyway)

if anyone can help me or point me in the direction..i need a driver's side slider which attatched to my bumper. i will bond them in this time as before i didnt! my bumper is hanging off one side now and theres absoultely no way of attatching it lol so it flaps about and aint a cool look at all![brick]

Appriciated

Irfan

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
All parts have a number on them but may not necessarily be available as a separate spare part.

It looks like the Mark IV slider part on the bumper is only available with the whole bumper.

On the R32 bumper you can only buy the black support piece that goes around the headlight washers. But not the side slider part.[cry]

They do sell the Mark V parts separately though, like you have found out.[:mad:]

You are going to have to find someone wiith a smashed up bumper that you can possibly get the piece off of yourself.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the input guys. well my dealer defo said i cant get it seperately without purchasing a bumper which i thought was madness so im not sure if thats right or if he's just having me on!

Olly if you have one lying about mate please let us know! need a drivers side. oh and wheel whore if you can find out a part number that would be splendid [kiss]

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for the link Fizzy..looks sort of what im after but i think il ring them Monday and confirm with them as thier defo a lil different to look at.

Waz..no chance of finding any r32 bits with scrappies near me. They just about have standard mk4s lol.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
..actually im pretty definet thier the ones i had from the stealers all the time!

these have 'teeth' on them..

but the 'teeth' are on my wings so i need one with holes to slid into the teeth on my wing..its the opposite way round

1 - 15 of 15 Posts