Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does xenon + hid lights mean? and are angel eyes worth it? whats best to buy and value for money? theres so many choices and different bulb and kits and so many prices im confused [:cool:]

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Xenon is the same as HID (High Intensity Discharge) and uses an electric arc in a gas to make the light instead of a wire filament in a vacuum as in normal halogen bulbs.

They give a better light when used in the right type of housing and need auto levelling and washers to be legal.Put a cheap HID kit into a standard headlight housing and there's a VERY good chance you'll have worse light output than before and you'll dazzle other road users[au].Oh and they'll be illegal and frrom next year you'll fail the MOT if they're fitted.

If you want guaranteed better lights then get some uprated halogen bulbs,they're fully legal and won't be a menace to other road users.

Angel eyes are a bitt of a Marmite thing,I liike the but a lot of people don't.f you like them then put a set on your own car.

Chris.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
top man! brilliant, perfect explanation! [Y] i like angel eyes tbh, so after your advice im going for halogen bulbs with angel eyes. ive seen cars around with a sort of blue/white look to the light, are these halogen bulbs, or the hid lights? could anyone recommend where to get angel eyes / uprated halogen bulbs from, and decent prices? last question ha, would it be better to use my original headlights or buy new ones with what i want all included?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts