Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lads, got the game on my lunch break (i am working in Hong Kong) only cost me 299hkd , which works out 21quid..hehe

will try out the game later today!..if anyone wants to play the multiplayer matches , my tag is: webbman75

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
All I can say is you git!! Its not out here till the 17th!! The latest trailer for it looks stunning, can't wait for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
managed to play 1 hour of it in the multiplayer online mode, boy what a game, the way u kill for survival is brill, graphics are amazing, sound is exceptional (as long as u have it on loud volume) , CHAINSAW is the best weapon around! lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
It has turned up.

The graphics are stunning, never seen a console game look so good, but I don't think the gameplay breaks any boundaries, saying that I've only had a quick go so far.

I need a lot more practise as I've only played shoot em ups on the PC and I'm finding it difficult to control with a controller, mouse and keyboard are a lot easier.

If you've got a 360 you need to get a copy.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Stunning game, a real technical showcase for the 360, easily comfortably its best game by a looooong mile.

Problem is, games this good tend to suck you into playing them longer than you would normally, and, im already on the last boss! (its not a big game, under 10hrs id say).

However, dont let that detract from the fact it is brilliant. It can have the 'Game of the Year!' tag for a few weeks only tho, as Zelda Twilight Princess is due out start of December!!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Fantastic game to look at but nothing new on the gameplay front. Damned hard on Hardcore though - enemy ai is impressive.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Fantastic game to look at but nothing new on the gameplay front. Damned hard on Hardcore though - enemy ai is impressive.
I thing your beening alittle harsh nik

Have you given it time. I think there is some great ideas in the game

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Just done the first act but it's not groundbreaking in terms of gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I think the game is fantastic but it's not bringing much that's new as far as I can see other than setting a graphical benchmark.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Finished it on Casual, and done Acts 1,2 and 5 on Hardcore and most of act 3... err, ok I had to enlist Louise to help me co-op kill the boss on act 5 hardcore ;)

Love it. For me it's genuinely one of the best games since Halo2 and Res Evil 4. Yeah, there's nothing particularly new about the gameplay, cept that this game couldn't be done technically, on a previous gen console. Even visuals aside, I can't see, console wise, anything less than a 360 managing to run this. And as for the graphics.. my word, I've never seen anything like it (tho COD3 comes V close!). Esp running at 720p on a big HD screen.. awesome!

The game is good single player, but co-op is immense, even split screen! If anyone fancies some online co-op action, then let's go! :D

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Played a bit of co-op last night with one of my mates and thought it was very well implemented. Really enjoying playing this game. I'm only playing it on hardcore and am in the middle of act 3 at the moment.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Played a bit of co-op last night with one of my mates and thought it was very well implemented. Really enjoying playing this game. I'm only playing it on hardcore and am in the middle of act 3 at the moment.
Glad your liking it more now. The co-op is just amazing. I must say its a great game.

Its one of those games you just dont want to end. I remember playing Half-life on the PC and that was like this. When I brought Half life 2 it just wasnt the same. But GOW has done this again for me.

Oh COD 2 on the 360 was good as well.

NIK how is the panny screen with GOW?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Its one of those games you just dont want to end. I remember playing Half-life on the PC and that was like this. When I brought Half life 2 it just wasnt the same. But GOW has done this again for me.

Oh COD 2 on the 360 was good as well.

NIK how is the panny screen with GOW?
I know what you mean. I still say that on the gameplay its not bringing huge amounts to the genre but just to play it's fantastic, I just can't put it down. I'm on act 4 now and just got past the second beserker. I know that there can't be much left which is a real shame. The only real gripe I have is that the plot is really lacking. There's the potential to tell a great story especially with those visuals. I just hope there's a GOW2.

On the screen it just looks stunning. Just breathtaking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome visuals... but their isn't enough colouring - detailing and graphics are brilliant (using a Philips LCD HDTV) but the colours just aren't good enough I'm afriad.... too many greys lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well I HD'd my life a few weeks ago and bought GOW this week - never seen a game with quite so much hype and virtual 10/10 reviews across the board. I've got it on a Panny Plasma (42PX60) and I have to say the graphics are superb, if a little too grey. The gameplay I like, but its a bit samey if you ask me, <crouch behind some cover, pick off bad guys) and doesn't have the same impact for me that say, Far Cry did on the PC. Maybe I'm being too fussy, or maybe I was expecting much more due to the amazing reviews its had. Don't get me wrong, its very good, but no more than an 8.5/10 for me so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts