Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a strange one was driivning along (not caining it or anything) and the gear stick snapped?
Ive removed the leather etc and nothing seems to be broken?
I have 2 white round bits of plastic 1 black cover clip thing the sgreen spring and the fact the shaft has dropped and I cant seem to work out how it all goes together?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is there anything missing ?? Need to fix this ASAP

Any help much appreciated!!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
It's ?20 something firm Vw fir a new gear stick, you have snapped it on a thin cut out where the white plasric sits, when you get a new one it will all become clear, u mat have been tagging the gears thigh to do it, I snapped mine so I know how hard u must be pushing the lever lol

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
must have been the years of abuse then when im not abusing it it breaks!! I guess they are not open on a sunday FFS!!! Wierd coz it doesnt really looked snapped must have been a very very clean break right pain in the ass ruined my plans for today and tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
It is supposed to have a slight bend in, also it's not such a clean break like you think a quarter of the rod is cast inside because they cut a groove around the steel for the white and metal clips to sit in, all that's happened is you have snapped it on the week point

1 - 6 of 6 Posts