Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yestardays Event At Big Boys Toys , which was a good event i would like to say ....[:D]

I did however noticed that we was the only stand without Gazebos , Banners ....

we did have show plates thou

But what im thinking .......would it be possible for us southerns to have a southern based

UK-Mkivs .....Gazebo and some Banners .....to promote the forum a bit more ....as there is a fair amount of shows down this way

i know there is one avaliable for all the north shows and all that goes on up there , as its based up there .....and sending down and returning would cost a fair bit each time

I understand the cost of having these is not always cheap .....

I may be wrong..... But theres seems to be a fair bit of advertisers on the forum ...could we not stretch to one for down here .........Just thought i would ask the question .......[:D]

Oh also i may have managed to get a Bit of free advertising on Auto-bra webby .........[:D]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Hi Jason,

I'm looknig into getting some vinyl banners done over the next few
weeks. Also some display stand stuff as well inc. flyers. These should
be small enough to send around in the post for you guys and gals doing
shows etc. Also don't forget we'll have custom show plates soon as well.

With regards to an additional Gazebo - they come in at just over a
grand (with heavy discount might I add), which is what the site costs
to run per year, so its not something we're likely to purchase in the
near future (certainly this year anyway).

Tabs

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Heh I'd already mentioned this to Mark in a PM the other day... But yes, it's a valuable point [y]

C

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
UK-Mkivs .....Gazebo and some Banners .....to promote the forum a bit more ....as there is a fair amount of shows down this way
Banners would be a very good idea....maybe we could have a rep down south that could look after them rather than keep sending them in the post........ I guess a Gazebo would be hard to store also.....

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arh ok mark that will be god if we can get some banners for down here ,

agree what ya saying about the marquee being expensive ....would we not get a cheaper one ?

as it dont have to be as big as the other one

or even blag one form the marquee peeps who advertise on here .....for free and maybe add there webby to it some how... aswell as the uk-mkivs logo ....just a thought

like the old saying.............. if ya dont ask ya dont get

with regards to southern rep.... im sure one of the time served members on here would prefer to be this ......but if they dont wana ....i dont mind looking after the stuff

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Costco are doing those very flash aluminium framed instant fold out Gazebost in plain white for ?200 ish........
as on the american site http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10037513&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Now surely if you got one of those and had a sign man create a 12 inch wide 8 foot? to fit across the top of the gazebo black piece of foamex to stick on the front it would look great.....

Put it this way I am spending a few thousand on signs this month so could possibly get a black foamex Vinyled for free... if artwork and dimensions were supplied

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I've got an old marque sitting in the loft as it happens, it was the
first one we bought and did us well for shows etc. Now we have the
branded one its kind of been put into retirement! I suppose you guys
could use it but while a generic marque would be good I would rather
you guys had a branded one [:$] And the price we paid for our branded
tent was with discount after agreeing to have a long term banner for
them [;)]

I'll have a word with Andy about his idea, as I need to get some promo stuff done anyway.

Don't forget though, a swanky tent would sit in storage for most of the
year, and they are a bugger lug around - believe me I've done it for
the last four years, it does get a chore. Plus I do get to most shows
thoughout the year so when would there be call for one?

Not shooting this down in flames but these things cost money and
banners/plates and other items can be just as effective. Btw I'm all
for a regional rep to take this stuff and be responsible for it [Y]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello....I have just joined this forum...will sort my sig out soon but i can do full colour banners cheap, maybe free for some advertising....wink wink.........let me know if you are interested.Can i post my website on here????............Then i would be able to show some examples of our work......

Many thanks steve...p.s have just bought a 4motion.......Had a vr6 a few years ago and i loved it....

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be good mark and can see ya point ....Branded one ....

Now how can luggin it around be a pain .....lol,

i see ya point that you are at most shows .....but i can understand that you can always attend every show ......ie if a fair few miles trek down south .....

And we do travel a few miles to come to the +150 - 200 Miles to barn cakes land .....[;)] for most events

i'm just thinking of all the shows events and other meets we have down this next of the woods

which seems to be very popular down here

I.E. a nice in ya face Advert with Gazebo , Banners the full monty ....

And not just the question of ....are you all part of a club question we get asked a fair bit

Just want people to know ......We are the UK-Mkivs ...................[:D]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
So who wants to be mum

Only hardcore attendee's need apply[;)][:D]
i nominate John/Katy..........they not only attend, but organises too. In fact, I dont think anyone does more for the south essex london area than them [Y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Hello....I have just joined this forum...will sort my sig out soon but i can do full colour banners cheap, maybe free for some advertising....wink wink.........let me know if you are interested.Can i post my website on here????............Then i would be able to show some examples of our work......

Many thanks steve...p.s have just bought a 4motion.......Had a vr6 a few years ago and i loved it....
Cheers mate, just had a look at your site, will send you a PM [;)]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts