Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite people its nice and sunny here in brum so i thought ive been revising hard enough all day so why not give my car a wash.. so i did lol... After i washed it i dried it all off and applied some turtlewax wax the one in the green tub.. after that i applied stage 3 megs carbunia (spelling) wax.. and this is the final outcome.. if i could take some propper pics i would show you how the mettalic shows up nicely on close inspection... anyway enough talking heres the pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments are welcome.. also if you have any thought of how i could get a greater shine please feel free to tell me.

TIA Sat [y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Good work Sat, now deck that mofo! [:D][Y]

To get a greater shine you need stronger lighting. That's it, you can't reflect more than is available, basic physics. Make the lacquer surface as clean and smooth as possible, which you've already done and you won't be able to make a huge improvement on that.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good shine [H]

But colour code you handles [;)]
Thanks mate and yeah they're going to be done when i get the rub strips replaced and side strips replaced as when me and sonny done these about a year and a half ago it doesn't look as good now.. so my mate whos a professional resprayer is going to do everything for cost [:D] so i'm just waiting on him when hes free.

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good work Sat, now deck that mofo! [:D][Y]

To get a greater shine you need stronger lighting. That's it, you can't reflect more than is available, basic physics. Make the lacquer surface as clean and smooth as possible, which you've already done and you won't be able to make a huge improvement on that.
All in good time shiu i want to lower it on standard shocks about 35-40mm but just don't want the oem shocks f'in up afterwards so i dunno what to do at the moment even though i haven't got the money to get it done yet lol.. Where could i go to get better reflection shots as i can see them nicely when im looking at it from different angles but when trying to take a pic it doesn't work.. what sort of lighting will be best to get reflection shots??

Thanks again Sat [y]

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like it, but my only comment would be to change the rear badge back for a silver one (or possibly colour coded but not sure) black badges look good on dark cars but silver looks best on light coloured cars, but it's just my opinion!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it, but my only comment would be to change the rear badge back for a silver one (or possibly colour coded but not sure) black badges look good on dark cars but silver looks best on light coloured cars, but it's just my opinion!!
Mate it is a silver badge i think its the lighting lol... il try and find another pic of the rear... and here it is...

Posted Image

sorry about the crappy phone quality pic and its an oldie aswell lol

Sat

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sorry mate, definately looks black in this one!!! [;)]

Posted Image

In which case I retract my comments, and replace with this:

Yes, nice car, no comments to make!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry mate, definately looks black

In which case I retract my comments, and replace with this:

Yes, nice car, no comments to make!!
No worries and thanks for the short but positive comment [y]

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only wash the car when i get time aswell lol.. i'm always busy with my work at college and the rest of it... but thank god i finish my exams this week friday lol..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good man, I finish my exams at uni on Friday aswell. Wish I never had bothered! Ha. Got to keep on top of our cars from now on tho seen as tho the shows are only round the corner! Am new to this game so hopefully get a chance to start meeting some like minded homies!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate.. gonna give it a propper once over on the weekend as got my last exams tommorow (3hours of physics) [:O] and then all done.. so time to get detailing me thinks..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck for tomorrow (almost there), mate[Y] Forgeting detailing, it's PARTY time once its over lol
Thanks mate gonna have to do an all nighter to get 100% ready for it as i had 6 hours of exams today.. exhausted would be an understatement [:p] lol

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks mate... yeah keep an eye out but im more likely to be spotted in handsworth and sometimes wolves when ever im down there.. we gotta get a local meet happinin...

Sat

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I was thinking about starting a meet, Merry Hill would be a great place, just got back from there (was shopping) and noticed tons of "fast" Clio`s and "the jap Crap crew" in their dodgy Suburus. its a laugh watching them , would be nice to get some fine cars up there and show them up. Anyway my cars due for a good wash and de-bugging, ill get up some photo`s over the weekend. [H]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts