Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As winters setting in i thought i may aswell give my car a quick detail.. so i washed the car the arches etc.. took about an hour to wash.. then i gave her a handfull of waxes 3-4 of em 3 of em from the turtle wax range and just for that extra glossy finish the step 3 from megs range.. heres the outcome.. not very good pics but you get the picture lol..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

oh yeah i just remembered my new mods.. [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

still to fit my GTI lamps with the oem foggys [:D]

Sat [y]

comments welcome good or bad [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully when insurance allows... i'll be gettin the car lowered.. new rims and the reason why i haven't changed the front grille as im thinking of gettin an R bumper but again insurance isnt friendly at the moment... so it will have to wait lol.. Also i was thinking of respraying the grill as its getting matte now..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice shine sat [y] will be tackling mine tomorrow if weather holds out.

One thing though, if i was you....id lower your drivers wiper arm down so it sits flat...and the blade meets level to the passenger one if you know what i mean :D

Looks tidier imo

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comment mate.. and yeah i never noticed that.. as i was gettin peed off when taking off the bolt as it was jammed and then the arm itself took some persuasion lol.. so once they were off i just wacked on the aeros.. and didnt really take the posistioning in to account.

Thanks Sat [y]

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Looking good satnam - a nice finish on ya motor there - good work!!! [:D]

I did the aero mod on mine too - defo worth it and looks better than the standard ones!!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking good satnam - a nice finish on ya motor there - good work!!! [:D]

I did the aero mod on mine too - defo worth it and looks better than the standard ones!!!
Yeah the blades look 10x better and they are actually better aswell lol..

also cant complain as i got the lot for free [:D]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah just joined DW posted some of my efforts up on the silver cars thread.. [:D] gonna make a thread to show off my car in a bit lol..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
[:O] How did you manage that?? [;)]

Car is looking spot on mate! Need to give mine a detail too! But the damn weather just aint holding up! [:mad:]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looking great mate. damn sight better than the job a professional did on my car!
Imho its best to do it yourself as to a 'professional' its just a job if you get what i mean.. but if you do it yourself your willing to spend the time on it to make it perfect.. when i initially gave my car its first propper going over took me a good day to do as i clay'd it polished it with a variety of different polishes and grades.. then i sealed the paint in then i waxed it etc.. now unless your willing to pay a propper professional some big money i doubt they're gonna do a good job for £50 etc..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[:O] How did you manage that?? [;)]

Car is looking spot on mate! Need to give mine a detail too! But the damn weather just aint holding up! [:mad:]
It was cold outside and i still gave mine a quick detail lol.. it started to rain a bit so went inside and came back out dried it off then started applying the waxes lol..

also in regards to the aeros.. when my brother sold his car he put the aeros on my mums golf gti as her wipers were naff.. about 2 weeks ago my dad baught my mum a new beemer so the gti has just been sitting there on the road collecting crap.. so i thought thats it im taking the wipers lol.. next on the list is the GTI lamps with the foggys.. its got a nice set of sports leathers in it aswell with a nice set of oettinger 2 piece slit rims.. hmm you thinking what im thinking lol..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
now unless your willing to pay a propper professional some big money i doubt they're gonna do a good job for £50 etc..

Sat [y]
try a few hundred! i've put a post in detailing asking for advice, wish i could get mine sorted!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
now unless your willing to pay a propper professional some big money i doubt they're gonna do a good job for £50 etc..

Sat [y]
try a few hundred! i've put a post in detailing asking for advice, wish i could get mine sorted!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn Sat! You got yourself a result there i think! [Y]

When you gonna start stripping it? [;)]
realistically i would love to strip it but the interior would be a massive job.. as the carpets etc.. more like a days job but really cba with it to tell you the truth..lol and the wheels are provisionally sold unless someone wants to p.x a set of monty 2's with cash on top.. [:D] or even if someone wants to swap seats with cash on top but the seats would have to be black as the interiors black (see thats whats stopping me also as mines grey lol).

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Sat [y]
Where abouts do u live?? as i dont mind having a bash at it.. see if my skills are up to the job lol..

Sat [y]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.