Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok

as my bora has been written off by the insurance company, i am trying to decide whether to break it, or repair and sell.

id prefer to break it as insurance has deemed it a cat c, and i know its an expensive repair

damage is to the whole drivers side including sills and poss b pillar damage.

How much can i get for the gearbox and clutch, bearing in mind the clucth and dmf was replaced in october/november at a cost of £600 so is basically brand new

and the engine which has covered approx 95k ( i need to check this as the engine was replaced in the car and the odometer is showing 144222

the rest of the bits im ok on for prices

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
dibs on the bora vents, v6 splitter please fella. Sorry to hear ya cars been mashed up.

will you be buying another bora if you decide to brake?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah mate, was hoping to but i keep getting emotional everytime i sit in my old one, gonna miss it.

ive just bought a civic sport on a 05 plate with 42 on the clock, got it fairly cheap so will drive that about for a year whilst i save up for ............

octavia vrs TDi!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was originally going to do that, but i know i can a hell of alot more make more from breaking it,

to sell it in this condition, i prob wont get more than 6-700, i can make that much from selling the gearbox and clutch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts