Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been looking what gauges i can get. I famcy a boost obviously and maybe an oil pressure one.

I like the look of the NewSouth one;

As they look very much like standard, especialy when lit. " of those gauges would look sweet.....however,

Ive recently learned that NewSouth dont do oil pressure gauges! so i will have to look else where

Does any other company make gauges that look this OEM?? i.e. standard colour blue/red when lit.

What gauges do people on here have?? pics would be nice [H]

cheers

joN

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Colin im thinking of changing my gauges and am looking on replacing them with the blue light ones

But they still have to be stealth and with light colour surround

Any ideah where i can get some

These are the ones I have

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
John, Having seen your guages, I'd say they are quite nice as they are. Can't you change the illumination on them ?

If you want VDO's though, Awesome do them as do Big Boys, I got mine however from...

www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk

They are based at Castle Coombe, right beside the track so to speak.

Also....

I've got a non vision VDO oil temp and oil press just sitting in a filing cabinet in the garage...

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Recently I have been looking what gauges i can get. I famcy a boost obviously and maybe an oil pressure one.

I like the look of the NewSouth one;

As they look very much like standard, especialy when lit. " of those gauges would look sweet.....however,

Ive recently learned that NewSouth dont do oil pressure gauges! so i will have to look else where

Does any other company make gauges that look this OEM?? i.e. standard colour blue/red when lit.

What gauges do people on here have?? pics would be nice [H]

cheers

joN
thats anoying i really like the look of thoes guages im looking into getting a dual pod on my pillar and am looking for a oil temp and a volt guage in that style.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I just been looking what do you think of these? shame it has type R on it but regardless they look rather cool.when the ignition is off they are just black

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I just been looking what do you think of these? shame it has type R on it but regardless they look rather cool.when the ignition is off they are just black

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/bf/b8/4d_1_b.JPG' 0, false); return false;">
</a>
http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/c2/50/b0_1.JPG' 1, false); return false;">
</a>
Its the stealth ones that I have in mine

try this company for them

I do like the look of thoes stealth ones but i want to get some gauges that look the same as the spedo dark blue with a red needel so it all matches.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i have just bought some of these i will let you know what the quality is like i will post some pics when i get them fitted its gonna be a week or so there coming from Germany, they look the part (well i think so [:)])

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
just been looking at their site and i do like thoes guages once colour matched but im too late for that now so i just hope the ones i bought are a good match they dont look far off.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i have just bought some of these i will let you know what the quality is like i will post some pics when i get them fitted its gonna be a week or so there coming from Germany, they look the part (well i think so [:)])

hmmmmmm well in the above pic they look rather blue but they look more white now i have fitted them and compareing them to my dash, think i mihgt try and dismantle it to see if i can get a replacment LED

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
heres what i got off the bay, im looking into taking the gauges appart and changing the LED'S to a better match but they look ok IMO.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks wicked, i didnt think that pod would be that good off ebay, look like im gonna have to get me one of them! Is it textured plastic or covered?

The gauges look cool too, i see what you mean about them being white at night, thing is, if you get some blue leds will you be able to see them during the day?

joN

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
That looks wicked, i didnt think that pod would be that good off ebay, look like im gonna have to get me one of them! Is it textured plastic or covered?

The gauges look cool too, i see what you mean about them being white at night, thing is, if you get some blue leds will you be able to see them during the day?

joN
Thanks, i couldnt belive how good it was, it is textured plastic but suites the dash nicley, i think you would still be able to see them during the day just trying to work out how to dismantel them i dont want to brake them you see.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This is where I got my digital guage from www.spa-uk.co.uk

Posted Image
I think this is the guage that the Focus RS guys use and one of the ford tuners managed to get them to make a special version that matched the blue guages in the RS. Perhaps if there was enough demand they could be persuaded to make one that matches the VW dash?

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts