7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
703 Posts
love the car Gary. Remember it at the AMD meet... your seats are in
mint condition... I have to feed mine again now i think having seen
those pics.

Also you have all the OEM gizmos now... the sat nav, the cruise, i think i have to get the later at some stage.

well done, a fine fine Golf there.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I do like it....a lot

Take it you put the sat nav and highline computer in yourself? If so, how hard was the highline comp and was it ????'s? As much as I love the OEM sat nav, I already sat nav and can't justify the cost of those things!!! mindyou....I could sell my PDA with sat nav for ?300! hmmmmm!

·
Registered
911 Posts
i think i actually hate you ? [:'(]

That looks awesome and makes me want sat nav and a R32 wheel even more !!!!!!!!!!![:'(]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Gary looks great as per usual.[Y], the OEM sat nav makes a huge difference, a great example of a great looking Golf.[:D]

Just need a mad kid to come along and throw sand over it. [:p][:'(][:S][:(]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take it you put the sat nav and highline computer in yourself? If so, how hard was the highline comp and was it ????'s? As much as I love the OEM sat nav, I already sat nav and can't justify the cost of those things!!! mindyou....I could sell my PDA with sat nav for ?300! hmmmmm!
Satnav was ?400 delivered from Bodycarstyling on eBay and was fitted by myself.

I picked the FIS cluster up from ebay.com for ?130ish but needed VW to fit and re-code it due to me not having my SKC, the labour charge was around ?78 so all in all not too bad.
Definatly worth the money and effort though.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ Matty - lol, you know it makes sense - DO IT!!

@ Joe - If I ever see THAT kid again I swear he'll be hanging from something quite high up along with his mother and father!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Absolutely stunning!

I so want the full FIS with miles to empty etc, what are the clocks out of please and is the MFD a D or a G?

Pukka ride!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
that is perfect! that has everything u could want from a mk4! [H]

Like the way the range has gone down 20miles yet u have only covered 5! [8-|]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
How hard was it to fit? Take it you needed to mount the GPS reciever somewhere and maybe link it up to the dash? Apart from that, was there anything else needed to be done? Quite intreseted now, I'll have to look into how much I could get for my PDA with tomtom on it. This would make far more sense.

Another question, sorry! Does it have pre-outs for an amp? If so, can sell my stereo and PDA and I will have change!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ a8wpg ? The clocks are from the Bora Sport but look exactly like the Anniversary clocks.

Its an MFD D

@ PaulGT ? That?ll be my lead food coming home [:$]

@ W36 EJO ? It was a doddle to fit, the GPS antenna which is supplied with the kit is magnetic and just attaches to the metal tubing under the dash. I needed to add an extra 3 cables from the back of the MFD to the FIS cluster to get the directions / radio stations etc but its really easy to do.
Amps arent my thing, never had one but I know that Sem has the same MFD D and is running an Amp so maybe PM him?

@ Jase ? Next is a FMIC and Custom Code Phase 2 software and yes its only done 15K.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Cheers mate. I haven't got the FIS, so probably wouldnt hook it up to that anyway, just got the standard half one.

Sounds good! Just got to tot up what my PDA and stereo is worth and go from there. I've fitted loads of ICE stuff in the past to various cars so not scared of the electrics. Just a question of if it sacrifices the quality of the sound in any way. Cheers for the info.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a question of if it sacrifices the quality of the sound in any way. Cheers for the info.
The sound is the first thing I noticed, its 100% better than the sound from the Gamma.
A few others also noticed this.

Its a great addition along with my Phatbox, should have done it ages ago.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Love it Gary, Ive been thinking of getting the Sat/Nav for a while but after seeing yours i will have to have one. Really great looking car mate..

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
I can vouch for the quality of sound from the nav unit having bought one myself from ebay  (same place as Gary)  Ive got a Bora Highline with the highline sport clusters and FIS except I haven't got the fuel range.  Anyone got an answer to this yet?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts