Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers HTH, I didn't think so but wasn't sure...

So if I get one of the "Connects2 VVGX001 Aux-In for VW Gamma/Beta Head Unit " what else do I need for the job? One of these ^, the original cable I posted and.... links to the items would be sweet! Also, which bus port is it on the back of the gamma?

I've tried cassette adaptors but the wires annoy me and the sound quality is crap, whats the point of using high quality MP3, might as well just use tapes. I've also tried FM transmitters and even though I used an OEM IRiver transmitter the signal dropping out bugged me as well as the poor quality sound.

Thanks for your help, my good quality sound in the car mission continues!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wicked Mo! That box thingy was gonna cost me ?60!

What's your advice on which one to go for? Will the RCA's provide a better sound quality or should I just go straight in with the jack?

Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a Blaupunkt Gamma and no CD running into it at all so will I be able to just plug this straight in the back? Will the ISO fit? I've got a bit confused from the "cautious" post, I think that thread is talking about the fact people already had CD's (single or multi) plugged into the back of their gamma's?

I also have rear upgrade doors speakers lying around (I think they are, they have yellow cones), would it be worth putting these in instead of the stock one's already in my 1.4e? I know I need aftermarkets ideally but will sell the car for a GT TDI within the next year so... seems like a waste...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Wrong lead.mate. The one you need is the one with the small blue plug.The lead in the link you just posted is for stereos with dual aux input.Look on the label where your thumb is in the first pic and you will see what each pin is for.

On the back of your stereo the brown plug is for all of the speaker output wires...If your going to fit rear speakers your gonna have to get the rest of the wires for this plug and wire in your rears.The Black plug is for your power,earth, Gala signal etc

The lead on the Bluespot website seems to work for some and not for others.Maybe it depends on whether the Gamma is made by Sony or Blaupunkt.I guess you could try and if it doesnt work send it back or put it on ebay.

good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Mo,

Ok, so the empty ISO port below the black and brown plugs in the picture will take the small blue plug will it? Or is the blue plug supposed to plug into the back of the single CD unit which then in turn plugs into the HU?

Bluespot sent me this...

"The Aux. input leads on the our website are only suitable for aftermarket

Blaupunkt radios, the type sold on this website. The Gamma radio you have is

a factory fitted Blaupunkt radio and for this reason the leads you are

looking at are not suitable."

....? So now I'm completely confused!?

There MUST be a way around tape/FM transmitter to listen to me IRiver in the car!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Those leads wont work... as the to put the gamma in cd chager mode and to activate the aux inputs it must first detect a cd changer there..... if you plug one of those leads in and press cd it will just show up as no changer and then switch back to the radio

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lot's of conflicting advice!

Anyone know of any way that actually works of connecting my MP3 player to my Gamma... otherwise I think I may just get a aftermarket blaupunkt and be done with it! If anyone knows of a model that is as OEM as possible that would be sweet!

Ta...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
If Bluespot themselves are saying that it wont work then i guess thats what the case is.Not sure if it will work if used in conjunction with a single cd player but i guess its a possibility.Did anyone mention this in the other link posted in this thread ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the gist (?) of the other thread posted is that instead of plugging in the multi changer to the back of the single CD HU you plug in the lead and then connect that to your MP3 player... So, when you s elect multi CD from the single cd HU it actually connects to the MP3 player thinking that that is the multi changer... god... confusing or what!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
That seems logical to me.The Gamma headunit receives the data signal from the single cd player but the sound source is the mp3 player.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts