Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so how many of you are addicted to computer games?

Im sat here at work very tired because i was stupid enough to play on the PC till 2am this morning whats more stupid is, i was playing on Age of Empires on giant custom map which i had built in my favour there could only every be one outcome.. but its got that big thats its going to take ages to finish.. [:(]

The problem is that i cant bring my self to stop.. it doesnt matter if the game sucks or what the format is.. i just get hooked..anyone else suffer from this affliction or do i need help [;)]

The worse one was pulling an all nighter on GT1 when it first came out because my friend didnt have a memory card [:|][:|]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I stayed up until 3.30am yesterday playing Black & White 2 - I find it really addictive!

Also I love the daft online puzzle games that you get - you keep thinking... 'just one more, it'll be quick'

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stayed up until 3.30am yesterday playing Black & White 2 - I find it really addictive!

Also I love the daft online puzzle games that you get - you keep thinking... 'just one more, it'll be quick'
Nice !!! glad to see that its not just me......... starting to feel normal again

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Yeah, i'm addicted to computer games.

I have totalled over 350 hours online gaming on just Timesplitters Future Perfect on the PS2 alone. Along with PES5, Resident Evil 4 that I play pretty much every nigh for 4-5 hours.

Looking forward to Battlefield: Modern Combat coming out next Friday on the PS2, will be having some late nights/early mornings playing that online.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
never hooked my ps2 up to the net........... is it any good and how much does it cost you roughly???

feeling much better now [:)]
If you get a decent online game then it can't be beaten. I'm not playing Timesplitters as much now as the servers are slowly dying down but that is an awesome game.

It doesn't cost much at all, you need the PS2 network adaptor that costs around ?25, although I think the slim PS2's may have one built into it, I could be wrong though??

Then you connect the PS2 to your PC/Modem with an ethernet cable. There are a few different ways of connecting to the PC, but I just bought a Netgear Router and the ethernet cable plugs straight into the back of that, so I don't have to have the PC on to play online.

HTH

Lee

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm could be quite tempted to look more into this online PS2 action - played my mates x-box on line.. not on live tho cause its chipped that was cool.. Halo kicks ass...

anybody thought about making a GT4 competition thread... ??

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Daggerspine fella [:D] although it rammed most nights, 600 queue last night [:(] is aggramar busy? What char u playin?
Aggramar is PvE...not too busy. Got a 60 warrior, 60 shadowpriest with
molten core experience and a 24 rogue. All horde. We took down Hakkar
last week, first guild on horde side of Aggramar [:D]

I'm sooo sad. Ask Cat!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It doesn't cost much at all, you need the PS2 network adaptor that costs around ?25, although I think the slim PS2's may have one built into it, I could be wrong though??
Yes the slim PS2's do have a network adapter built in.

So...you don't have to subscribe to a specific PS2 internet connection? As long as you have broadband/cable it will work?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Daggerspine fella [:D] although it rammed most nights, 600 queue last night [:(] is aggramar busy? What char u playin?
Aggramar is PvE...not too busy. Got a 60 warrior, 60 shadowpriest with
molten core experience and a 24 rogue. All horde. We took down Hakkar
last week, first guild on horde side of Aggramar [:D]

I'm sooo sad. Ask Cat!
[|-)]

I was going to say I would be the same if it wasn't for Dungeon Keeper
(old skool [8-|]) and B&W2, but nobody could spend as much time
playing as you do!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was going to say I would be the same if it wasn't for Dungeon Keeper (old skool [8-|]) and B&W2, but nobody could spend as much time playing as you do!
might have to have a look on limewire for these games B&W2... do you play them on line too.?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts