Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Having the vr6 clutch/g60 flywheel combo fitted as I write this (can't wait to get it back). I know the flywheel is supposed to be lighter, but by how much?

Cheers

Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
how did the fitment go?..any change in driving and performance....acceleration?...did you fit the vr6/ g60 flywheel to an AGU engine coded golf gti?..i have an AGU  engine code on my 1.8  20 valve and am looking to uprate the clutch soon.....any advise bud...all the best Ben

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how did the fitment go?..any change in driving and performance....acceleration?...did you fit the vr6/ g60 flywheel to an AGU engine coded golf gti?..i have an AGU engine code on my 1.8 20 valve and am looking to uprate the clutch soon.....any advise bud...all the best Ben
Hi Ben

I'll be honest, performance wise I haven't really noticed any gains. However the clutch peddle itself is about 20 times lighter and bites immediately when you lift your foot, so I suppose in terms of racing it does help pulling away/gear changes. Yes my car is an AGU. The only advice I can give is try your best not to stall in on your first drive home as the difference to the standard clutch is like night and day! (I stalled 4 times...) I can actually press the peddle in with my little finger, so that gives you an idea.

Nothing else to report really, but as R44MS-K said (who kindly sorted out the clutch kit for me [;)]) 400bhp may be a bit too much for this set-up

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
how did the fitment go?..any change in driving and performance....acceleration?...did you fit the vr6/ g60 flywheel to an AGU engine coded golf gti?..i have an AGU engine code on my 1.8 20 valve and am looking to uprate the clutch soon.....any advise bud...all the best Ben
Hi Ben

I'll be honest, performance wise I haven't really noticed any gains. However the clutch peddle itself is about 20 times lighter and bites immediately when you lift your foot, so I suppose in terms of racing it does help pulling away/gear changes. Yes my car is an AGU. The only advice I can give is try your best not to stall in on your first drive home as the difference to the standard clutch is like night and day! (I stalled 4 times...) I can actually press the peddle in with my little finger, so that gives you an idea.

Nothing else to report really, but as R44MS-K said (who kindly sorted out the clutch kit for me [;)]) 400bhp may be a bit too much for this set-up
As easy to press as a little finger? omg, that must be impossible to get any feel ?? driving must be a nightmare?

·
Registered
44 Posts
cheers mate,

am i right in thinking this is a oem g60 single mass flywheel, vr6 clutch (pressure + friction plate+ release bearing) with vr6 clutch bolts?

is there anything else needed to make this clutch work?

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is exactly what i need for my AUM golf.....

Feels as if my clutch is on its way out so... any help on prices would be appreciated

thanks Pacy

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
not too sure if its cheap but i am able to get these in at ?250 for the oem mk3 vr6 / g60 flywheel and all the bearings and bolts

·
Registered
140 Posts
thanks for the info R44MS-K....

when you say you can get these...

i presume you mean both the G60 flywheel with the VR6 clutch complete....???

pacy

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Im about to get this kit i think from Jabba (Sachs replacement clutch kit with the G60 lightened flywheel)

and its about to cost me ?678 including five hours labour[:S]..

any alternative recommendations/opinions?

the feather-light clutch and the vibration issues are a worry, but i'm under the impression that the uprated items will be best in the long run?

Cheers for any help[:)]

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have this setup ive not noticed any vibrations the pedal is realy light though. you will get used to it

i bought the lot for about 135 i bought a brand new clutch and a used flywheel off ebay

·
Registered
553 Posts
As above, I've just had this combo fitted on mine today, incredibly light clutch pedal with no real "feel" compared to before but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It certainly takes a lot of the effort out of driving and changing gear all the time. It's also feels somewhat more precise than the old one (maybe thats because it was worn anyway)

No more vibration than before that I have noticed.

My old clutch plate that came off! [:$]

Oopsie lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts