Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
This is my car, its a 90bhp TDi (well not anymore!).
Its got .216 injectors and a re-map at the moment which is good for about 140bhp.
Im in the middle of gathering parts to take it up to the 180-190 mark.
Ive got a PD150 turbo and a FMIC sitting under my bed and Im planning on getting a bigger fuel pump,even bigger injector nozzles,2.5" downpipe,custom code phase 2 remap and maybe nitrous if I think I need more power!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Future plans include de-handling,tailgate de-badging/smoothing,de-rub stripping, R32 front bumper,smoothed rear bumper some sort of sideskirts undecided yet,leather re-trim and generally loads of stuff that will suck my money away!

Comments/suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
That look superb, also the first MkIV I have seen that suits Audi A8 rims.

The standard black rubstrips also complement the whole look.

Good stuff[Y]

·
Registered
187 Posts
I won't let my g/f see this as she would be very envious indeed that her futura yellow golf doesn't look like that!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow- thanks for all the kind comments.
Im glad people commented on the standard rub strips - it has been a huge dilemma for me as whether or not to ditch them/get them colour coded or leave it as it is.I change my mind about it every day lol. FMIC is gonna be the next step just got to get the pipework sorted.

And Gray - I wont be out tongiht cos its still off the road due to the boost leak and being unable to open the bonnet to fix it. Going in to midland VW on wednesday.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I agree, that looks spot on with the black on yellow contrast of the rub strips. Keep up the good work! Are you still getting half decent mpg?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My MPG is roughly the same as standard maybe a little bit less. Putting the 18" wheels had much more of a negative effect than the injectors and chip.And its SOOOOOOOOO much more fun to drive!

·
Registered
445 Posts
You've done an lot since your first post! What age is your car - I
thought the 90 tdis still had a wastegate turbo, meaning a pd150 turbo
being a pain in the arse to control?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its a 1999 "T"-reg.
I thought so too but turns out its a VNT-15(well Im 99% sure from seeing the exhaust manifold). I got the VNT-17 dirt cheap anyway so if it does turn out to be a WG turbo its not the end of the world and I'll slap something silly sized on it haha.

Im having major problems trying to source an 11mm pump like you first suggested waaaaaaaaay back. Did you ever have any luck finding one?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hate yellow cars too - I tell everyone it is gold, which to be honest I think it is more gold than yellow. The name "futura yellow" doesnt help my case much though lol.

Again thanks for all the comments!

·
Registered
90 Posts
looking good fella. i gota futura gold dub as well, there diffrent n i
think people tht say they dont like the color are just jealous[;)]

check out mine if u want sum ideas altho not much done to it so far but i got the black front n rear lites

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yip defo looking good....black and gold/yellow always work well, but then again am a tad biased.

Defo need some front anni lights to set it right off

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
That looks nice. Glad to see another person that has gone the whole hog with a 90bhp TDi. Where did you source the injectors out of interest?

I was going to go the full hog with my Passat TDi 110, with the injectors, 150 turbo etc but the longwise engine was the problem. I would be really interested to see bhp figures after the turbo, FMIC, remap etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts