Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you usually get out of a full tank from a golf 1.8T ?. I seem to get around 210 miles on average. My record is 235miles !
Not been revo'd yet either so it can only go down !!

·
Registered
277 Posts
210 is very low im guessing you have a heavey foot :D

Also how much in current petrol prices are you guys paying to fill a whole tank?

40 litre tank?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
i get between 300 and 350 miles on a full tank....and thats not driving like a granny either

Probably takes me a week and a half to use a tank of fuel

·
Registered
112 Posts
i get between 300 and 350 miles on a full tank....and thats not driving like a granny either

Probably takes me a week and a half to use a tank of fuel
me too, when im not flooring it. thats mostly city driving aswell.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
About 280 in mine. 300+ if i'm m-way driving but i don't tend to do that much.

Edit: Oh, cue massey ferguson owners... [:p]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
My 4motion returns about 50 miles on a tenner , and my clock say average 22 - 25 mpg on a 30 min trip , but then i think its the way i drive [;)]

when other halfs in the car i get 30 ish mpg lol

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
300 to 350 per tank !!!!!!!! Jesus .
I know i've got a really heavy right foot but thats madness getting that many miles. I think i need to try and drive normally for a full tank and see what i can get. I keep the car serviced so it must be my driving.

·
Registered
181 Posts
300 to 350 per tank !!!!!!!! Jesus . I know i've got a really heavy right foot but thats madness getting that many miles. I think i need to try and drive normally for a full tank and see what i can get. I keep the car serviced so it must be my driving.
Yep 300 - 350 to a tank and im no slouch [:)] I can't see your foot being that heavy? surely? how about giving it a try taking it easy, if things don't improve like you've said, getting it checked out wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
432 Posts
yup, regularly see around 330-350.  Upto 420 on the m-way - but thats proper granny driving.  Normally hit 350-360 miles for a ?48 tank (50 litres)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
What do you usually get out of a full tank from
a golf 1.8T ?. I seem to get around 210 miles on average. My record is
235miles !
Not been revo'd yet either so it can only go down !!
I used to get 320 out of my Bora V6 4Motion. Something not right there mate!

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's not far off what i used to get out of my old 1.8T i got around 220 - 265 miles.i had a slight lead foot though sometimes

·
Registered
798 Posts
210 miles from 55 litres (approx tank capacity) that's around 17.5 mpg, your car must be ****ed unless you're on a permanent track day ! Unless I'm stuck in city traffic all day I very rarely get less than 300 from a tank.

p.s. all the macho bs in this thread about having a heavy right foot is [|-)]

1 - 20 of 52 Posts