Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'd like to know where the people are who jammed city centres and motorways when it went over £1 a litre..........BRING THEM BACK

I remember a picture of all the bikers on the M6 causing havoc........have we finally just rolled over to silly taxs on fuel and vehicles just because they now class it as an enviroment issue to get away with it......GGrrrrrrrr

Should arrange a MK4 Go slow on the M6....Start off down south and people join and leave all the way up till Scotland, be wicked and we'd get in the press

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
The vat going up has not made a difference on fuel prices down here yet like i thought it would but give it till the end of the week and im sure they will go up.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Bad enough considering its near enough £100 to fill your tank up from empty. Sucks.
I wouldnt like to fill your tank up!!

Personally mine takes around £60 to £65 to brim it.

Its £125.9 around here at the local shell *which is still 7 miles away* but i have heard that at the Esso abit further down from the Shell garage its at 127.9.. Mines at 3/4 anyway and i use the van when i can, which helps massively [;)]

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I'd like to know where the people are who jammed city centres and motorways when it went over £1 a litre..........BRING THEM BACK

I remember a picture of all the bikers on the M6 causing havoc........have we finally just rolled over to silly taxs on fuel and vehicles just because they now class it as an enviroment issue to get away with it......GGrrrrrrrr

Should arrange a MK4 Go slow on the M6....Start off down south and people join and leave all the way up till Scotland, be wicked and we'd get in the press
SOunds like a plan. nows the perfect time to do it. im sure loads more will join in

·
10,384 Posts
Mines just over £70 to fill up from empty but i will be driving more carefully from now on to get that extra mpg out of her.

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
Bad enough considering its near enough £100 to fill your tank up from empty. Sucks.

Its £125.9 around here at the local shell *which is still 7 miles away* but i have heard that at the Esso abit further down from the Shell garage its at 127.9.. Mines at 3/4 anyway and i use the van when i can, which helps massively
I could squeeze £70 in at a epic epic push on the light.

CLose enough to £100.

·
10,384 Posts

Perfect opportunity for the photography ethusiasts amongst us to get some good rolling shots.

·
Registered
952 Posts

Its £125.9 around here at the local shell *which is still 7 miles away* but i have heard that at the Esso abit further down from the Shell garage its at 127.9.. Mines at 3/4 anyway and i use the van when i can, which helps massively
I could squeeze £70 in at a epic epic push on the light.

CLose enough to £100.
I can see your another like my dad... it can be 6.36pm and he says its nearly 7pm...i think its nearer just gone 6.30?!

£30 is close enough to half another tank! Guess it depends the old.. half full and half empty scenario

·
Registered
636 Posts

Perfect opportunity for the photography ethusiasts amongst us to get some good rolling shots.
Could take pictures from the bridges with all 3 lanes MK4 golfs!! Sounds like a real idea ya know. If the bikers can do it then so can we!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

SOunds like a plan. nows the perfect time to do it. im sure loads more will join in
I'm in too. Should throw it all in the regional meets section and get it all happening on the same day.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts