Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, quick question,

ive just fitted my coliovers but can only lower x amount before the spring hits the wheel, so i am going to

need some spacers, there 17" wheels,i havent got the other measurments of the wheel atm as its dark, will

updatetomorrow, just need to know where the best place to get them from and what do i need, ie how far does

thespring need to be clear of the tyre, i willl be getting some new wheels in the summer so dont really want to

spendloads on these,

Ive had a look on pats wheel thread but and slightly confused by it so any help would be greatful

thanks sam

·
Registered
56 Posts
hello mate give venom motorsport a call they keep a good range of spacers,i think u will only need 5mm ones if you only want to clear your coilovers,hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it possible to make your own spacers using a laser cutting machine, or is there anything special about them, i only need 10mm on front and 20mm rear, so i don't think i need hub centric spacers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so does this mean that i have to get a 20mm kit for the front? as i cant find any 10mm kits that are hub centric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think 10mm track will be to much for my wheels and they will hit the arches, will i be ok fitting 5mm flat spacers to my front? or will i just have to keep it my ride height as is

·
oooo audi
4,721 Posts
gold 5door my fronts are the same height as your rears in the sig never touched the struts although genuine r32 wheels are 7.5j

·
Registered
345 Posts
yea my fronts around the same as rear now , rubbed with out spacers but now ther in it rubs on the arch , thats part of the reason why im getting 17s

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the useful posts guys!

on my joms, im lowered all the way with the spring adjuster taken off so about 75mm i think but the front is as low as it can go atm without the spring adjuster hitting the wheel, with 5mm spacers i think ill be able to match the rears.

once again thanks for the replys

sam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts