Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one removed their front cup holders from an '02 or later car? The haynes manual only shows removing the whole facia, but that's not necessary as I only need to clean sticky residue from the base and arms.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There is a metal clip either side, just lever each one with a small screwdriver and the whole unit will just pull out.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Carlos on 12/03/2004 09:50:50

Doesn't everyone?

I prefer not to, but I am sick of having to clean mine when the Mrs puts a bottle of baby milk in without giving it a good wipe first [}:)]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Quote: posted by jamesmk4 on 12/03/2004 09:57:08

i dont use mine,mine has a big blob of blu-tac on it to stop the bloody thing from rattleing.<--how do you spell that?

erm, i'm guessing that you have the 1st type....mine rattles and i'm going to change it to the 2nd revision when i have some cash!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers lads. Yeah the early cars had the full on plastic setup, which in my old car rattled like hell too.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Watch out if you have a trim version (i.e. wood trim like my GTi)as the fixings are different, I have just ordered the new style one to go with my brushed ali trim.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just picked my second revision one up last night - gave it a quick clean and installed ten minutes later - can't stop playing with it [;)]So much better than the previous one! That mechanical action is a dream[:D]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by Reflex TDI on 12/03/2004 22:09:08

God this is getting well anal - cup-holder action LOL! [:D][B)]

Hey, Mikedav can even provide pictures! [:D]

Posted Image

PS as has been said if you have a trim kit, you need the new style - trim doesnt clip on to old style

1 - 18 of 18 Posts