Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im back on steels and wanting to lower the car further. But i know i have to upgrade the front arb to avoid contact between arb and drive shaft. Where can i get a modified front arb? and how much?

I know most of you recomend the Whiteline arb because of its larger hoops but these cost £170. I have found a FK arb for £110. Are these any good or has anyone used it before? But what other options or manufactures are there that i can use?

Cheers

·
Registered
655 Posts
I know a few who roll without an arb, cheaper and doesnt affect the car much at all. Im interested in this topic cause ive bought coilies, and im wondering which is best, wait to get an expensive whiteline arb, or ditch the arb altogether?!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be honest i dont think i would run without an arb. ive found some JOM and FK arb's for 100quid. which is not bad at all! rather than paying 170 for a whiteline that does the same jjob...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damian- the JOM and FK arb's have bigger hoops but they still do the same job as the whiteline though? maybe they dont give as much clearance but im not going THAT LOWW..

Dan- email me some details etc, price? your location? how long you've had it for etc?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Jaspair i have run a few and found the only one that worked for me was a whiteline one. My FK one still rubbed with aftermarket droplinks or normal.

Id say spend the money at least you will have the room to play with later on if you want to go LoW

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@HASH---how low did you go though?? i think if your gonna go ridiculously low than a whiteline arb is ideal. cause you have that extra room etc. personally i dont want to go ridiculously low as im already pretty low and i have no arb issues YET. but i want to go lower and im sure if i got a FK or JOM arb it would do the same job just fraction of the price...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Personally wouldn't run without an arb, i have a feeling it helps a little bit :) . what you can do is just space out the drop links to make the standard hoops sit a little higher up so they don't catch on the arb, Ive done that in the past. Or buy adjustable drop links.

either works very well. better than that horrific noise you get from the arb hitting the drive shaft :'(

·
Registered
655 Posts
whiteline arb have been sold out everywhere for ages untill recent, seems to be the only one that allows you to get as low as you want / can. think ill wait and get a whiteline arb, popping up on ebay and back in stock on most sites now [:)]

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run without a arb i just chopped it off either side and pulled it out i noticed no difference at all been like it for months and i do around 200 miles a week and im off around Europe on a 1400 mile trip in two months and i have no worrys about that.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyway ive been reading a previous thread on here. and seems that some of the whiteline arb's still catch when lowering extremly.. and now this makes me think is it really worth getting one or shall i just get a FK one or something"!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts