Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find an FMIC !!!! Eurojet still no answer on there new core , greddy is difficult and jabba is still desinging one !!

I need a whole FMIC kit, I want it to flow from side to side, I cant tune my Jabba stage 3 without it !!! I am getting bet 9 - 12 degree timing pull !!!!!!!!!

Anyone can help from were I can get 1

[:(!]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forge is top to bottom design and I think its too small

Badger I spoke to allard but they only sell the core and not as a wholem kit. Also you didnt put he front rebar back I imagine ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
The Forge isn't ideal; it?s a twin pass design so is less efficient and could prove to be a flow restriction for an IHI'd car.

Malta18t: I'm surprised Eurojet can't sort you out, I have their kit on my car and rate it very highly, although had to cut heaps of my bumper to make it fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been talking to eurojet quite a while now, and this last 15 days cant even get in contact, Joel said I am first on the list as they have a new design coming in, the thing is I am a bit impatient now as cant tune my car without it

MkIV Turbo:What version do you have of Eurojet ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
We can manufacture a custom intercooler to your own design and sizes , what ever you need , just sent us a drawing and we can quote you .

The twin pass intercooler is proving popular in Europe and the USA with over 50 sold to date , no pressure drop and good cooling .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Quote: posted by Badger5 on 30/09/2004 08:29:36

any Big Turbo installations?

Im using a forge universal core (680mm x 175mm x 80mm) and fabricated the pipework myself and it works very well...and thats on an IHI'd car...

Posted Image


There was no power loss whatsoever at the audi driver track day, and im seeing temps no higher than 27oC (although i do need to do some more in-depth tests!)

Have some re-designing to do for the outlet side as you can see it slopes down to avoid the tow loop... need to make it step down and go under it!

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by richa3turbo on 30/09/2004 12:34:00

Quote: posted by Badger5 on 30/09/2004 08:29:36

any Big Turbo installations?

Im using a forge universal core (680mm x 175mm x 80mm) and fabricated the pipework myself and it works very well...and thats on an IHI'd car...

Posted Image


There was no power loss whatsoever at the audi driver track day, and im seeing temps no higher than 27oC (although i do need to do some more in-depth tests!)

Have some re-designing to do for the outlet side as you can see it slopes down to avoid the tow loop... need to make it step down and go under it!

Rich

Rich.. was your car at Forge on the 13th Sept ? It looks very like an A3 that was out the back while I was there.. looked very nice indeed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 04/10/2004 15:13:28

Quote: posted by richa3turbo on 30/09/2004 12:34:00

Quote: posted by Badger5 on 30/09/2004 08:29:36

any Big Turbo installations?

Im using a forge universal core (680mm x 175mm x 80mm) and fabricated the pipework myself and it works very well...and thats on an IHI'd car...

Posted Image


There was no power loss whatsoever at the audi driver track day, and im seeing temps no higher than 27oC (although i do need to do some more in-depth tests!)

Have some re-designing to do for the outlet side as you can see it slopes down to avoid the tow loop... need to make it step down and go under it!

Rich

Rich.. was your car at Forge on the 13th Sept ? It looks very like an A3 that was out the back while I was there.. looked very nice indeed.

Nope, not mine... Is there an imposter!?[:D][:p]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by richa3turbo on 04/10/2004 15:16:09

Quote: posted by tylerama on 04/10/2004 15:13:28

Quote: posted by richa3turbo on 30/09/2004 12:34:00

Quote: posted by Badger5 on 30/09/2004 08:29:36

any Big Turbo installations?

Im using a forge universal core (680mm x 175mm x 80mm) and fabricated the pipework myself and it works very well...and thats on an IHI'd car...

Posted Image


There was no power loss whatsoever at the audi driver track day, and im seeing temps no higher than 27oC (although i do need to do some more in-depth tests!)

Have some re-designing to do for the outlet side as you can see it slopes down to avoid the tow loop... need to make it step down and go under it!

Rich

Rich.. was your car at Forge on the 13th Sept ? It looks very like an A3 that was out the back while I was there.. looked very nice indeed.

Nope, not mine... Is there an imposter!?[:D][:p]

Oh.. well out the back.. there was a silver A3 with a big FMIC clearly visible. Had a look through the windows and it looked standardish, to me. but the FMIC looked pretty good. I seem to remember it had some kind of subtle graphics on the doors or the bonnet somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 04/10/2004 16:03:28

Quote: posted by richa3turbo on 04/10/2004 15:16:09

Quote: posted by tylerama on 04/10/2004 15:13:28

Quote: posted by richa3turbo on 30/09/2004 12:34:00

Quote: posted by Badger5 on 30/09/2004 08:29:36

any Big Turbo installations?

Im using a forge universal core (680mm x 175mm x 80mm) and fabricated the pipework myself and it works very well...and thats on an IHI'd car...

Posted Image


There was no power loss whatsoever at the audi driver track day, and im seeing temps no higher than 27oC (although i do need to do some more in-depth tests!)

Have some re-designing to do for the outlet side as you can see it slopes down to avoid the tow loop... need to make it step down and go under it!

Rich

Rich.. was your car at Forge on the 13th Sept ? It looks very like an A3 that was out the back while I was there.. looked very nice indeed.

Nope, not mine... Is there an imposter!?[:D][:p]

Oh.. well out the back.. there was a silver A3 with a big FMIC clearly visible. Had a look through the windows and it looked standardish, to me. but the FMIC looked pretty good. I seem to remember it had some kind of subtle graphics on the doors or the bonnet somewhere.

Heres mine...

Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 04/10/2004 22:17:05

Is that core by allard Bill?

It it custom fabricated by the guys at am motorsport (www.am-motorsport.co.uk).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 04/10/2004 22:17:05

Is that core by allard Bill?

Not this one no..

A couple of guys who are running under A M Motorsport got it made..

Its design continues to evolve.

Works pretty well, but had a couple of psi loss which I am after recovering.. with new larger core, soon.

They are going to be doing MK4 based motors (Leons, Octys, Golfs) soon also. Nice cores.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Looks well that bill! If your old ibiza top pipe is free it comes in handy to us Golf guys for re routing the pipework...... i used one.... god send them!

get it in the classifieds [;)]
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top