1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Skoda Octavia VRS. [H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ive done it! Estorilblue's R-Line is no more. After much deliberation I have traded the R-Line in against an '03 plated Octavia VRS. Basically the demands of my new job involve alot of driving, and carrying ALOT of uniform around. I needed a bigger car, with a bigger boot and 5 doors. Most of you will know I have been fancying a change for sometime now anyway. Please excuse the dealership pictures, I only picked the car up yesterday and its been raining all weekend!

Im expecting to get alot of flack from this post, as I know the R-Line was indeed a lovely car...and the fact the dealer managed to sell the R-Line before they actually took it in part exchange doesnt help things (basically I had to give the dealer some pictures of the car, which he circulated and used to sell the car just from looks!).

On the plus side I got an absolutely cracking deal on the Octy, with an amazing price for my car! Combined with the fact that the dealer let me strip the car down a little in order to sell some parts on (I had already stripped her a little before I even found the Octy, as I new it was time for a new car). So those interested may want to check out the classifieds to see a few choice bits that I have for sale! (Shameless sales plug!). Strangley enough I have only 2 plans for the Skoda, Tints and Revo, Im happy to keep it standard as I dont have the time or money to keep modding cars to the extent I did with the R-Line. Maybe I will try the stealth look for a change! [;)]

Anyway, I havent posted here much recently and thats really due to the lack of time I have at home these days, but rest assured EB will still be part of this forum, even if he is an outsider.[:D]

Just so you all get an idea of the bits I kept, here is a pic of the R-Line before trade in....

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The R-line actually looks pretty cool on those wheels!

But i must say you have made a wise choice Obi Wan. Those VRS' are most excellent- and you now have the same-ish car as me [:D]

What you up to nowadays then? I haven't heard from you for ages!

Oooh, just checking those pics again, i must say try and get hold of a
rear window spoiler. That would set it off nicely i think. But very
cool[H]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Fantasic buy EB are you missing the R-line at all?

I can understand what you mean about modding i'm about to put my motor up for sale for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rich, im glad you like it! Im over in Ashford, Kent Monday to Friday for training, and I will be for the next 10 weeks! [:O] We should try and meet up one weekend when im home!

Danny, Thanks buddy. Am I missing the R-Line? Honestly? No. I had butterflies before I did the trade as I was unsure I was doing the right thing, but now ive driven the VRS for a while I can honestly say I love it and im kinda wondering why I didnt do it sooner! I have bags more space to put things, 5 doors, a nicer interior, road presence, comfort and more room for me! (Im 6'6'' and the golf was a little cramped). Thats not to say im slagging Golfs (I Love them), but for me the Octavia is an improvement on the Golf Formula. Spec wise the Octavia is similar but without xenons, so im not exaclty losing anything. Also, the Skoda dealership were far nicer to deal with than my VW dealership.

As for modding, I have really had my day now...ive spent way to much and I really havent got anything to show for it, so now I have a clean slate....and all I want are tints (I like the privacy and improved security) and the revo (value for money horsepower!). I genuinely like the look of the VRS Standard. Mind you, to all those that say you wont get any money back from mods when you mod a car....I got one hell of deal on the Octy BECAUSE of the mods on my car. To quote the dealer "I have no problem paying above book because I know your car will sell looking as good as it does!" [;)]

I love my VRS! [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Nice one Mike, much better than the superb you were going to go for IMHO. After saying all that about it though, what wheels are you going to chuck on it?! [:D]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I agree with Graham, i much prefer the Octy over the Superb. I always
remember being in my mates 525 beemer doing 110 up the M5 one Feburary
about 3 years back. He pulled into the slow lane after thinking it was
a copper approaching (it was about 06:00 on a sunday morning and we
both thought it was an unmarked). This Octy flew passed at a rate of
knots and we were both impressed at the looks and performance.

You'll mod again i think [;)] maybe not as much but there will always be things you think it would look a bit better with.

Oh, and definately give me a shout when your back [:)] I guess you don't want the spacers anymore?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Stubby aeriel, bigger brakes and a custom code remap. See what MRC
tuning can do for you! I'd love to see the gains on your engine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No more modding......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
You wont be able to resist the modding, youve already said your going to fit tints and take it to Revo, and youve

only had it a few days [:)] Nice car BTW!

Chris

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good choice of new car Mike. It's a shame the r-line had to go but at least you done it.

Fair play on saying your not going to mod the car, all it needs is revo. Oh and some alloys, r32 steering wheel, brembos etc [:D] lol

·
Registered
843 Posts
both sweet looking motors mate, think you made the right choice though

You've gotta have it re-mapped surely get some big gains!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Lovely cars - I had a yellow one

As for mods - get the chrome on the front grill painted black - makes a huge difference [;)]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Nice Octy[Y] Like I said to you before, the Octavia VRS was on my shortlist before I bought the R32 but I considered them too 'blokey' and I also don't like 5 door cars. This one ticks all the right boxes for you though so I'm sure you'll be happy with it[Y]

Like the others have said though, I can't see you sticking with the REVO and tints[;)]

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahh thanks for the vote of confidence in my car choice guys and gals, but im worried no one seems to think I wont mod! LOL

As for the Tints and Revo, they were planned mods before I even changed car. I want the tints for privacy and security, and the revo because it just transforms the car. No more mods! No!

Im genuinely happy with the car [;)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
As for mods - get the chrome on the front grill painted black - makes a huge difference [;)]
I'll second that, I saw one In Prague the other week, almost wet my pants, it had RS6 rims on it too [Y]

What you do need to get, & you'll be amazed how this helps on the M'way......is a reflective Jacket, the roads will open like the deadsea did for moses wearing one of those.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I'd go as far as a dribble maybe, but not the full wetting the pants thing [:)] Mindyou, I can sill control myself unlike you old age peeps [:p]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts