Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best charge both sets of batteries for the camera and clear my 1GB memory card ready. Can't decide if I should take my tripod or just use the fence post like last time. Slightly better camera this time with a sports mode.

I'll be wearing a forum Poloshirt walking round.

Still waiting to hear if I've got discounted GP weekend tickets - fingers crossed still.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I went today - had a great time. Forgot how loud the cars are!!! Really nice to go and not get stuck in queues. Managed to see from every location around the outside of the track.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Best charge both sets of batteries for the camera and clear my 1GB memory card ready. Can't decide if I should take my tripod or just use the fence post like last time. Slightly better camera this time with a sports mode.

Still waiting to hear if I've got discounted GP weekend tickets - fingers crossed still.
Did you but them off the silverstone official site or elsewhere Paul ? I bought mine from the official site. Can't wait til june now.. gonna be another ace weekend I hope [:D]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Did you but them off the silverstone official site or elsewhere Paul ? I bought mine from the official site. Can't wait til june now.. gonna be another ace weekend I hope [:D]
These are via my Ex-Wife as the company she works for are major sponsors of one of the teams.

·
Registered
895 Posts

FYI, tripod is practically useless in Silverstone due to the excessive fencing used. You will get much better shots handholding it and it also gives you more freedom when panning.

I'll say hello if I catch you there! I'll be with my D70 with the unique Nikonians neck straps.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

These are via my Ex-Wife as the company she works for are major sponsors of one of the teams.
You lucky sod. When my dad used to work for scalextric in the early/mid nineties we use to get free tickests every year ! 94 and 95 we were sat in the taems mechanics families enclosure, courtesy of a scalextric fan benetton mechanic ! Awesome stuff.. three course lunch, seat the lot. Was on the inside of copse when johnny herbert won in 95.. I haven't seen so many union jacks waving so furiously ever. I'll never forget that moment ! [:D]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FYI, tripod is practically useless in Silverstone due to the excessive fencing used. You will get much better shots handholding it and it also gives you more freedom when panning.

I'll say hello if I catch you there! I'll be with my D70 with the unique Nikonians neck straps.
I will be wondering about with my lowly FujiFilm S5500, takes good enough pics for me though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Are you going for the whole day? I'll leave work and will be there shortly after 1400. Weather looking very good for tomorrow anyway. [:D] Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
That is interesting as you are usually restricted to where you can go.
This year you need special tickets to get into the copse or luffield viewing areas (not grandstands) but these are sold out on the official website, i've been trying to get some elsewhere but their so expensive.

Its a p*ss take, not only do we pay the highest prices for our grand prix tickets in this country, now we have to pay extra to get onto the best viewing areas which will probaby be overcrowded anyway.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are we talking about the free test days ? Last time I went you were just limited to the pit / start straight and Luffield complex.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You lucky sod. When my dad used to work for scalextric in the early/mid nineties we use to get free tickests every year ! 94 and 95 we were sat in the taems mechanics families enclosure, courtesy of a scalextric fan benetton mechanic ! Awesome stuff.. three course lunch, seat the lot. Was on the inside of copse when johnny herbert won in 95.. I haven't seen so many union jacks waving so furiously ever. I'll never forget that moment ! [:D]
Not a done deal yet still awaiting confirmation, if I get them they will be weekend tickets at less than half the cost. [:D] I can't get any more before anyone asks. If I get them Graeme and I will be going.

Anyway I'm off now so may catch those that go tomorrow.

Paul

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1595554&postcount=67

Sounds like security is pretty relaxed at this time...[:O]
Went today with my son. Had a great day. As suggested by the linked post, security was practically non-existent in the morning, and we took a leisurely strole round the entire circuit. Not too many people, so we could pick our spots.

Different story in the afternoon though, but not enough to stop you, if you were rude enough. Lots more people too, which spoilt things a little.

The entry to the Becketts complex is absolutely awsome. We were there before the Liuzzi accident, which was reported as 170mph. This is the entry speed to a serious set of bends! The (good) cars go in flat, only lifting and changing down for the second, tighter, corner. Fantastic to watch, and says a lot for the average drivers' gonad size. No pictures - crap camera.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Was there pretty much all day today. Managed to walk around the whole
circuit no probs in the morning and got some good views. Was well
attended by both teams and spectators and it cant be long before they
start charging!

Will post up a view pics later if I have any good ones!

Oh and did anyone notice how quick and smooth honda's upshifts were in
relation to everyone else. Me and my mate reckon they're using a
zeroshift system but can't say for sure (we're both auto engineering
students and his final year project is zeroshift systems).

Peter

1 - 20 of 41 Posts