Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anybody in scotland done foxy's cruise control as I understand that it needs to be switched on with VAG COM which I have not got .AS I am very interested in getting cruise control fitted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Martin,

Just fitted foxys cc kit yesterday. The job not to hard just follow the guide and you cant go far wrong. after fitting the traction light stayed on something to do with an angle sensor on the steering columb? took it to the local stealer to activate cc with vag com (20quid) replaced angle sensor under waranty.

Well worth the money, 70 quid all in and no more cramp on the right foot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Trust me you do not need an electrician, I am useless at this kind of thing but after doing it on Sunday (with the help of Chris and others) i reckon it's pretty straight forward.

If you have a TDI or 4 motion it's even easier!!

Marco,

How come you had the angle sensor replaced?? It just needs re-calabrating, then agin you did have it done under waranty so I suppose it doesnt matter.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
without checking up there could be 2 possibilities

1: stalk 1 has a rocker switch on the end with + and - and an "on off" switch on the front

stalk 2 has 1 push button on the end and 2 position switch on the front

2: either of the above

and stalk 2 could be solely for the multifucntion steering wheel where I believe it just has a switch on the front?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The 1J0 version should be the Golf one - the later one with the +/- rocker and all that jazz.......the other is the older sort, which has less functionality........Roy is spot on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Martin,

I've got vag-com here in Saltcoats!! remember, you took my Merc MAF off my hands a few months back. Only problem I can see is that i'm off on me hols in a week for 2 weeks. Activating CC in your ECU would not be a problem. Toying with fitting it myself to the old GT TDI.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You wouldnt happen to know the difference between these 2 indicater stalks do you? 8L0 953 513J 01C and 1J0 953 513 01C
The one I got for my Golf was 1J0 953 513 01C.

This is the later one with the + and - rocker on the stalk end.

Loom is the same for both parts - 1J0 971 425

1 - 20 of 20 Posts