1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trailing about looking for a replacement for the Bora

I seriously want a R32 but hadn't been too sure on G/F driving it

Finally found 1 @ my local dealers,

Lookers Teesside - http://www.lookers.co.uk/ucl/public_cardetails.asp?Refno=66098

Hanley on plate?? Anybody from here??

BIG BUT 2 Onwer's(last change 31/3/04) 03 Reg, 19853 miles(soon to be 20,000)

Xenon's, Leather, <<<arent these standard?? Winter Pack priced @ ?21995

Initially told them no way, so he said they could sell it for ?20,000

They book @ around ?15,000 Retail + Extras,

So my question is Am I being ripped off & shall I wait Or buy the Mk5 GTi with a 6month waiting list??

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
4 airbags? Thought they had 6?

No mention of a CD Changer too which should come as standard - only a Cassette Player mentioned!

20k sounds about right for a dealer price, but if you looked around you could probably get one cheaper that's a newer reg/lower mileage/more options maybe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I myself would wait untill the r36 comes out (which is not that far away now) and then start looking for an r32 as the prices should drop quite a lot to start with, but I feel that after a while they will start to creep up again for a well looked after one. So you could be on a winner.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Quote: posted by volkstorque on 10/02/2005 14:02:59

Yes it is, not a bad looking car but I think the r32 is nicer.

There isn't any definate plans for an R36 yet, just been a couple of pictures in press of what it "might" look like.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer who said it will be called a r32 still for the mean time, (not r36 as I first said) it will use a 3.2 fsi engine with around about 260bhp should be here in a year at the most.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Foxy,

I've also been looking on Autotrader

Wasn't there an issue with the Deep Blue Pearlescent paint ??

·
Registered
907 Posts
Xenons were standard.

Full leather was a ?1900 option if I recall correctly.

Only other available options were leather/alcantara in grey approx ?1200-1300, cruise control and sat nav.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 10/02/2005 16:06:33

Only other available options were leather/alcantara in grey approx ?1200-1300, cruise control and sat nav.

And sunroof and DSP stereo[:)]

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can get much better deals in our classifieds still under OEM warranty rather than the inflated dealer prices.....check there too.

Overall spend what you believe the car is worth and not a penny more[;)]

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been told by someone else who works at a dealership that its going to be a r34 (this was someone from the same dealership believe it or not). so there seems to be alot of stories floating about at the mo, one of them must be right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts