Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Found a set of Audi TT Competition Alloys, what tyres?

14K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Rabbitstu 
#1 ·
OK, picking myself up a set of audi tt competitions nrxt week, want a nice low profile tyre but not too low profile, just enough to make the tyres look wide and show off the alloys better, anyone got any recomendations? they are 225/45/17 at the moment, dont look to fly if you know what i mean.

#8 ·
The pictures arn't the best. Ill go borrow one from wallaces build to get a better look at the 225s. From the pictures the difference between 225 and 215 doesnt look like much but in real life it's enough. There is a thread on VW vortex devoted to mk4's on TT comps. 30 odd pages. You will find everything you need to know in there.

Ill try get a picture of a 225 tyre beside my 215s at the weekend if i remember.

To run the 205/40/17's you need to be slammed. FACT

Hope this helps and its not too late. [;)]

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4174311

#13 ·
The pictures arn't the best. Ill go borrow one from wallaces build to get a better look at the 225s. From the pictures the difference between 225 and 215 doesnt look like much but in real life it's enough. There is a thread on VW vortex devoted to mk4's on TT comps. 30 odd pages. You will find everything you need to know in there.

Ill try get a picture of a 225 tyre beside my 215s at the weekend if i remember.

To run the 205/40/17's you need to be slammed. FACT

Hope this helps and its not too late.
I totaly agree with you the 40's look better but it has to be droped on it arse. but i like the 45's as i am not lowered that much.

myn with 225/45 on forgive the the filthy shots busy boy me don't get time to clean it some times lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 ·
The guy I am buying the TT Comps off wont have them for a few weeks, he bought a set of rs6s in a classifieds and got them delivered, cracks in 2 of them, sick or what. the pictures in the ad are totally different than what he got delivered.

Rhe TT Comps need a bit of work, they have that milky flaking going on, so im gonna strip the lacquer back and polish them. I have a question tho. Do i lacquer them after I polish them? Will the lacquer take the mirror finish away and If i dont lacquer them, are they high maintenance to keep them looking mirrror finish?

Thanks in adance guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.