Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As The title says, My brother has just insured his new car through them with no hassle what-so-ever and I thought I would have a look to see what they could do for me and I found them to be ££100 cheaper than the previous cheapest I could find and the included options are very good!

www.ecarinsurance.co.uk

Quite Impressed! Got Quoted just over £600 for being 22, in a good post code admittadly, with mod and 1 years ncb and 1 fault accident.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
im with them , 22 good area on a 1.8T, woulda been £632 for the year, no ncb, putting my mum on though bumped it up to £700+ still was alot better than anywhere else.

not sure what they are like when claiming, ive read they are based in gibralter and part of southern rock, are pretty new at car insurance, but been around a while for bikes and have had some good reports.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've heard nothing but good about these guys!

Will be using them when insurance is due in a few weeks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not to sure whether they are the cheapest car insurers.. they quoted me £1100 and i have been driving for 9 years.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i think there is obviously set type of people they want to insure, not sure what the criteria is, but when i was lookin around some people had pretty high quotes, and others alot lower than normal.

when i checked mine it was way below what other insurers were offering

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
good grief, thanks for that! I just bought a GT TDI 115 today and my present insurer (Liverpool Victoria) wants about £850 tpft, but I just tried ecar and like you I was quoted about £570! I didn't declare any mods, because I don't have any yet, but i see you've got 18" alloys, etc so I'm assuming they'll be OK with it all!

In the meantime I've emailed Adrian Flux with the 15% offer, but I'm holding out for a better quote. you never know though. I'm not quite as nervous owning a 'GT' now.[;)]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My final quote with my 17's including breakdown cover and legal aid was £637. That is as I say with a good postcode, 4.5 years experiance, 1 fault accident and 1 year no claims. Fairly impressed and they are part of southern rock so they are ruputible!

Sean

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
They would not even insure me because the car is not in my name! Site looked a bit dodgy too! Not very user friendly!

·
Registered
125 Posts
im in the porcess of getting quotes, 1NCB, 22yrs old, golf mk4 1.4, decent postcode

previously paying 1100+ with tesco

got a quote with direct line for 821.10 which i thought was ok, just tried these guys and theyve given me a quote of 624.75

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im in the porcess of getting quotes, 1NCB, 22yrs old, golf mk4 1.4, decent postcode

previously paying 1100+ with tesco

got a quote with direct line for 821.10 which i thought was ok, just tried these guys and theyve given me a quote of 624.75
What mods have you got declared? I have exactly the same profile as you except that my car is a 115 GT TDi with alloys declared. My policy is less than £15 more than yours!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just quoted me £1400[:O] I'm 33 and have full no claims!

GOOF
Seems they don't like 30 somethings mate, I'm the same age as you with no claims and they're asking for about 300 quid more than direct line offered me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have no mods, i have alloys but i didnt mention them, may possible re-do the quote with them accounted for. also did you play around with the excess? cus mine was quite a low excess at 100 so i changed it

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My excess is the standard £150 as i'm under 25 plus the what ever the excess is for the type of claim I make... The alloys only added a few quid as they are valued at under £500. I live on an Airbase so the security is top notch and prehaps why the premium is a little lower...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Anybody had any experience with this insurer yet? I just got a really decent quote from them, beats my AF renewal by about ?500

1 - 20 of 21 Posts