Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on broadband here at home and it still seems slow at times. [:(][:(][:(][B)][B)][B)]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I've noticed this as well - We are on a shared server at the moment. When we first set-up with this webhost we had the run of the server, however now there are a few more site running - unsure if they are as active as this site??

Hows everyone else finding it performance wise?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sometimes it can be a little slower, other times if I've left it on Active Topics, when it refreshes I got a 404...

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
If your getting slow times can you have a look at the "Page loading time" at the bottom of the screen and let me know what it is.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by MikeP

Sometimes it can be a little slower, other times if I've left it on Active Topics, when it refreshes I got a 404...
A 404 error is a page not found error, if you get it again please could you send me a screenshot

·
Registered
398 Posts
i've noticed it slowing down a lot more recently but it seems to be when the browser is trying to resolve the domain name to an ip address - once it get's the ip address it loads as normal

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I found it slow. Since then it seems to have improved until the last couple of days. Retrieving posts or clicking on links mostly takes less than a half a second but maybe 10 percent of the time takes 10 seconds or more. Posting generally takes about 5 seconds and searching is very slow normally taking about 30 seconds to load but sometimes a lot slower.

I generally get connection speeds in excess of 700k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For those of us on NTL's broadband service, judging by the fun and games I had last night I'd say NTL have a few niggling problems with their DNS servers at the moment. That could explain the slow name resolution.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Keep getting the following too:

This Server is using the demo version of the Bandwidth Monitor.

© 2002 ASPwebSoft. www.aspwebsoft.com

Software's for the Internet.

Please press the Refresh button in a minute to find your page

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am on dial up and sometimes I just cant be bothered connecting cause its so slow!!! It can take a good 30 sec to load a page.

I get 404 error messages too.

Another annoying thing that has started happening, If I use the back button on the browser It comes up post ot cashed (think thats how u spell it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here - "Cannot find server" - just had problems for the last 15 minutes... Am on 512k leased line & other external websites fine.

J.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've been getting more server not found errors recently, funnily enough I can really tell the difference between my 1MB office ADSL and my 600K NTL -home. Really slow at home sometimes, I blame all this bloatware forum S/W. We need to go back to good old plain text to increase the speed.[V]

No I'm not suggesting we go backwards but I'm sure that the object size of all the postings must have a fair impact on things.

·
Registered
398 Posts
it's definitely the server and where it's hosted

sometimes i'm getting new mail notification (that someone has replied to a thread i'm subscribed to) upto 8 hours late

1 - 18 of 18 Posts