Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me ,,but the last few days , the site has nearly come to a stand still. [:O]

It taking ages for pages to load etc .

It seemed slow after the server move , but recently it has gotten much worse.[V]

I am using a 750K broadband and its loading slower than a dialup.

All other web wages on other sites are OK ,,just the forum.

Whats wrong ??[?]

Anybody else having these problems and has Tabs or anybody know why !!

[?]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I had the same problem and was advised to lower my settings. A mate did that for me cos I'm hopeless with 'puters and it worked OK. Things slowed down again after I upgraded my Zone Alarm firewall with a download of tinternet.The same mate uninstalled the whole programme then reinstalled it from scratch and I was back to whizzing through the pages. Hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nothing to do with the new server being nicked then Tabs? Come on, you borrowed a friend some perm loation and a moustache comb and in return they blagged you a new server?

I know what its like in Liverpool, I watch Brookside!!![:D]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I keep getting the following error when try to use the search.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/search.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

As for speed, not noticed a difference over here in Japan,and it does have over 6,200 miles for the forum to travel for me [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Tabs,

I have noticed it slow aswell, but I dont think its the forum/webserver/database as all the pages that seem to load slowly have quick load speeds at the bottom, for instance I had a page take < 20 secs to load but the load time shown was 1.74 secs.

I have on 2 ocassions done a tracert (ie when the forum was down) and noticed that sometimes traffic is being routed through sprintlinks network and sometimes through your providers "own" network. have also done a few pathpings and these provide abit more info according to one done tonight it looks like your provider is having trouble routing traffic accross to of there vlans.

I would guess that the providers network is having a few glitches at the moment.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Between 18:10 and 18:28 the site was just dead, I could not get up one page - then, all of a sudden its fine again!!

Something amiss here guys - ASP messages all over the place.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 10/11/2004 00:12:26

Tabs,

I have noticed it slow aswell, but I dont think its the forum/webserver/database as all the pages that seem to load slowly have quick load speeds at the bottom, for instance I had a page take < 20 secs to load but the load time shown was 1.74 secs.

I have on 2 ocassions done a tracert (ie when the forum was down) and noticed that sometimes traffic is being routed through sprintlinks network and sometimes through your providers "own" network. have also done a few pathpings and these provide abit more info according to one done tonight it looks like your provider is having trouble routing traffic accross to of there vlans.

I would guess that the providers network is having a few glitches at the moment.

Thanks for that Andy, that seems to tally up with what I've discovered. If I try to initiate an RDP connectiont to the server during the slow periods it just sits there for at least 2 mins, so this is certainly server wide, or at the most system wide performance loss.

I'm on their support system now (which sits on a seperate sever) and its slow as hell too so I'm guessing what your saying above ir starting to ring true.

Cheers for the heads up [^]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tabs

I will do another check tonight ,,but I am noticing the slow down ( last night more than any other time ) varies durring the time of day.

Basically durring ( when I get time to go online ) afternoons have been fine ,,then as early evening kicks in it slows, and yesterday late evening ,, well I gave up and logged off .

Its like a off peak and peak time slow down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts