Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads,

Any idea where I can buy the Forge stubby black aerial. All I can find is the alloy version, but I'm looking for the black version ( much nicer ... )

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Sope

[|)]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Thats where I got my black stubby one from, but all they list now is the alloy (silver) one, seems they dont make (or at least dont sell) the black version any more.

Glad I got mine when I did [^]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny enough I had already tried to Forge website, but yeah, only alloy version ! Oh well, I'll just have to keep on searching .... Does anyone know what others options there are for alternative aerials ?

Cheers

Sope[|)]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks VW_KAL

I've just ordered it. it wasn't there this morning, but I sent them a mail and they replied saying that there was a problem with their site.

Happy days, can't wait for it to arrive. I never thought I would be excited to get a god damn aerial, but there you go ....

Will post pics later.....

Cheers

Sope

[:D]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
VW Kal.....

Thats really weird. I also checked again this morning and a minute ago, this is what comes up for me....http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0015&product=FMANTEVO8

Theres no other options, but does seem to be a different pic to the one you posted.

Eh?

Edit - It depends if you look straight under products, and then to the aerial.

Or if you look under VW -> Golf -> Miscellaneous then you get the other ('proper') one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Benn130TDI, can you show us a pic of your ride with the stubby aerial?

Cheers

Sope

·
Registered
495 Posts
Damn this internet tomfoolery.

I have a device that allows me to speak to Forge directly. I will use it tomorrow and post my findings!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good Benn, glad I went with the Forge aerial, looking forward to getting it now...

[|)]

Cheers

Sope

·
Registered
495 Posts
Benn (or someone),

Off topic but what are those wheels called? Someone I know is selling some but doesn't know what to descibe them as.

Cheers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rich,

What do you call this device that allows you to speak to Forge directly ? And how does it work ? Is it available in Ireland ? lol [:D]

I can see this topic changing completely ....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Rich, the wheels on my car are called "Avus 2"

They are the standard (15" [:I]) VW alloys that came with the car, still got them 'cos I'm very poor [V]

I want some 16" or 17" Monty's if anyone is selling some for ?50 [:D]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cheers Benn.

Sope,

Ireland? I doubt it. Not yet. It's called a telly fone. It's like a two way telivision (hence the name) but no pictures. Hard to describe really. Once it catches on though I reckon the t'internets days are numbered.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[:)]

Did you get the aerial today Rich ? I might give them a call tomorrow to check that mine is on it's way

Sope

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote: posted by Sope on 03/03/2005 18:33:33

[:)]

Did you get the aerial today Rich ? I might give them a call tomorrow to check that mine is on it's way

Sope

I did. And very nice too. So nice I ordered another one [:D]

My motor is in at JBS having major crash repair work done so I'm driving Mrs. rich1068's Polo 1.9 TDi Sport. Obviously I had to see whether the aerial fitted so etc etc... [:I]

I told her I'd done the very first mod on her car and the first thing she said was 'It's not bloody Revo is it?'. That's her birthday present out of the window then [:(!]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts