Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im after a dump valve with abit of noise but overall which one is better to go for 007 or split r? I heard the bailey dv's are good but can mess up the turbo but i dunno if its true or not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
jayz i was just about to post a page up about this im thinking getting a forge but dunno which ones best i can get a 007p from 1 of my customers down london for £70 brand new

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
split r valves are poo, 007p all the way can be adjusted with springs and taken apart to clean and grease baileys cant.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jayz i was just about to post a page up about this im thinking getting a forge but dunno which ones best i can get a 007p from 1 of my customers down london for £70 brand new
You might aswell at that price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
split r valves are poo, 007p all the way can be adjusted with springs and taken apart to clean and grease baileys cant.
Whats wrong with the split r or it just a personal preference thing?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Im using a split-r and agree they leak boost, not sure if it's just mine going but when you adjust it, you either have it too loose and it leaks or it's too tight and I get turbo chatter. I only bought the split-r at first because I wanted the noise but later found that even in full recirc. mode you can hear it dump anyway so makes the split-r hybrid mode a bit of a redundant feature. I'm also looking to change to the 007p too.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. I ran a Bailey DV30 for over a year and they can be taken apart using the 6 allen bolts on the top. This allows access to either service the valve or uprate the spring. The same springs fit and can be used as the Forge 007P valve.

Wigster.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. I ran a Bailey DV30 for over a year and they can be taken apart using the 6 allen bolts on the top. This allows access to either service the valve or uprate the spring. The same springs fit and can be used as the Forge 007P valve.

Wigster.
i stand corrected. i didnt know that, cheers wigster

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Wigster.
Wigster is there any difference between the dv30 and 007p eg loudness, lost of performance etc?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a dv30 on mine, it can be took apart for cleaning ect, i also think its louder then the 007p, saying that the majority on here have the 007p and its tried and tested, i honestly only got the baileys as i got a bargain but had no trouble with it and it sounds great. Get what ever's cheapest out of the two imo (DV30 or 007p).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts