Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel my 130pd has got more sluggish from cold over time, dare i say i have stalled it a few times just after cold start up[:I][:I] Is this a normal thing, I do know diesels aren't great when cold. Could something need cleaning?? She's done 33,000mls.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Sounds like you need to runs some MILLER DIESEL POWER PLUS through your fuel lines [:D]

Did somebody say GB [^]

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Mine sounds a bit more clattery and takes longer to warm up the colder it is, but I think thats just normal, and figures really. Once warmed up its spot on. I use millers diesel power plus in most tanks and shell diesel extra. I try to give it a good blast on a longish journey regularly too to keep things tip top. I never thrash it till the engine is fully warmed up. Mine has now 36k on the clock and I have had it since 17k.

I have in the past noticed what I initially thought was a drop in power, but I have put it down to just getting used to and familiar with it on a day to day basis.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Diesel: Is that Millers Diesel Power Plus stuff any good then? Is there a noticeable difference, or is it more of a thing to maintain good running?

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Personal preference I would say mate. I noticed a difference by switching from normal diesel to shell extra diesel, then I started bunging the millers in. Shell diesel extra is supposed to have the additives in it too.

If im honest, no real major difference to performance with millers, but absolutely no soot now and piece of mind its keeping the inside of the engine in good nick.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got some of this miller stuff 2day, will put it in at next fill up. worth a try for ?5.99 !!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got it from a place called VCF in Norwich, just off the shelf!! Why is this a good price? [^][:D]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've tried putting Diesel treatment through mine and it still does it. The only thing I find that works is to give it a quick blip of the throttle before you go to pull off and then she's fine - just the once from an early morning cold start up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine stalls wen i pull away sumtimes just after start up it prpbley is me not givin it it enuff reve lol, must try sumn diesel additive stuff

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by Dazer on 29/01/2005 11:55:15

got some of this miller stuff 2day, will put it in at next fill up. worth a try for ?5.99 !!

?5.99 !!! Is that from a trade outlet ????

The best price I've been given at the moment for 40 bottles is ?5.50.

I'd be very interested to know if its a trade/wholesale place.

Thanks

Jace [:)]

·
Registered
9 Posts
try looking at your glow plugs

take them out and get to wires and connect to your battery to make them work thay should get very hot strait away (mined your fingers)if not then get new ones also egr valve gets clogged up with slug after time check and clean (egr valve is a big butter fly valve)find it by air pipe going into the engine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts