Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6am this morning through Newcastle city centre. Got caught at every set of traffic lights imagineable... which was more enjoyable than usual!

Came into town on a dual carraigeway and noticed this blue car about 100yds in front of me.... i was shifting myself as i just wanted to get home, and as i got closer, the thing just took off! Was really really giving it some...

Wasn't til i pulled up behind it that i realised what it was (no, i didnt even think about trying to race it)... in that lovely dark blue colour. Driver was giving it beans from EVERY set of lights, and i have to say, the sound is sensational.... very different from the R32... more race car like, very high pitched.

Very impressed with what i seen and heard.... looked gorgeous, sounded sublime, and didn't half shift!

I want one [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 27/01/2005 20:49:38

Yeah they are awesome cars!! I raced one on the A14 going home recently, my lord did it sound shexyyyyyy!!

If the interior wasn't so japanese I really might have bought one instead of the R!

So J, how did you fair??

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 27/01/2005 20:57:14

Pretty much neck and neck, although I did out gun him several times, but not sure if it was down to quicker reactions on my behalf, or whether he wasn't trying!

Overall pretty even I'd say

Well done, TBH I didnt think there would have been a great deal in it with your snappy throttle response [:D]

·
Registered
372 Posts
my dads boss has one, i dont think they look that special tbh. wouldnt say no mind, but id rather have an evo or skoob

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 27/01/2005 20:57:14

Pretty much neck and neck, although I did out gun him several times, but not sure if it was down to quicker reactions on my behalf, or whether he wasn't trying!

Overall pretty even I'd say

I had pretty much the same experience, very evenly matched and they do look really good.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My sisters neighbour has 2 of these both in black, both owned by young lads (18 + 24), both bought by daddy, they do look awesome. I saw a stunning kitted up one on the M60 the other week, not boy racer style, but looked like a OEM kit with huge brakes and nice wheels. Had me drooling.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Took one for a test drive some months back - very nice indeed. The ride quality is excellent, and its quite deceptive - you can do silly speeds without feeling like you are.

I took one up the A61 from Chesterfield to Norton and back - thought I was doing a sedate 80/90 ish - but looked down and saw 125. Nearly messed myself.

Sorry coppers - I wont do it again. Until I get one...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Chris - I tested one too before getting the R.

Very notchy gearchange from 2nd to 3rd and a rattly dash, cheapish interior, awkard for low speeed maneouvering but some seeerious oomph.

Sounded great, stopped well but no back seats, a bit tricky when it's wet (I had the tail out in the dry!) and I like them but not quite enough.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
what annoys me about the 350z is that it only costs about 15K in the US and we get the joy of paying 25k! I was considering buying one and shipping it over. Even in left hand drive it would be worth the saving.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts