Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently bought a pair of front fog lights to be fitted on my Golf.

I have taken off the plastic covers off the bumper and realise that the fog lights assembly need to be screwed into the bumper. But after that I dont have a clue!! [:(]

I dont have any knowledge of wiring at all so will be a challenge but i'm gonna give it a go.

I have also a relay, wiring and a switch for the lights.

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Here you go >click me<

Your fogs should be wired the same way as headlight fogs.[Y]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheerz for that Keyser-Soze!!!

Im trying to add pics to the post but it wont accept my images for some odd reason [:(]

perhaps im doing it wrong [:cool:]

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Put your pics on photobucket/flickr etc.

Then copy & paste the complete IMG code from there on here.

Use the testing forum to experiment.

There was a very good post at one stage explaining this but I can't find it at the minute.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheerz rock on.

I dont really want to sound like a dumbass but I would like a step by step guide for fitting especially when doing the wiring.

I really want to fit them myself rather than going to a garage to fit, save some dosh ££££

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
do you already have fogs in your head lights? if so just jump off of the wiring on those. no relay needed and its already a fused circuit. no head ache an working fogs! simples

If you aint already done it, ill be writing a pictured step by step in a week or so when my fogs and new lights turn up.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
ahh hater.. then you have to do it the long way!

Still i will be making angel eyed indicators when the bits arrive as well as a load of other chopping and changing of the wiring on the front of the bora. maybe the how toes i write up will help. If you wasnt the other side of the earth id offer to help you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys I need some help here i have fitted the lights onto the bumper but i need some help on the wiring where shall i attach the relay etc...

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
You'll need to follow the wiring diagram I posted in the other thread, have a go its not that hard honestly.

If it was me I'd be fitting the relay inside the car along with the rest of the relays (a bit more work but neater in my opinion & also the way it would've been done by VW), but you could just as easily cable tie it somewhere in the engine bay.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheerz keysore!! honestly its hard for me because i have very little wiring knowledge and experience lol.

I have got a independent switch for these lights and dont know where to put it??

Is it worth buying the vag fog switch??

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
I would buy the VW switch as I like the OEM look, but its up to you as its your car!

Have a look for yourself on ebay, heres one going for £6 + post & no bids! click me

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheerz buddy I think I will buy a vw switch as it will be a more tidy and vw finish and look!! [H]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts