Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
i fitted a custom one to my car, i got it from allard motor sport they do a lot of deisel tunning.i payed about ?250 for it and then plumbed it in using samco hoses and ali tube. total cost was about ?330 and its very good. after a good hard drive it still feels cold and does not heat sink.my car is puting out 240bhp and 255lbs of torque so im happy with that....

Starry...

·
Registered
811 Posts
All depends on the volume of the core you want to pressurize. No noticable lag but it does seem more willing up top with better cooling.... need a remap to fully see how mine turns out..... give us about a month, NEE FECKIN MONEY!

·
Registered
49 Posts
No noticable extra lag... the attitional piperun isnt that great due to some very well crafted silicone hoses [:)]

It does feel more gruntier (if you know what I mean) and spools up very freely/smoothly. Another dyno run would be interesting as the intake temp will be lower and therefore some more BHP shoudl be achieved [:)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I was emailing jabbasport yesterday to see if i would need to get my map tweaked with an FMIC and elton happened to mention they currently have a FMIC in development due to be finished at the end of the month. Price was to be around ?650

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by MRK IV on 06/09/2004 23:25:39

Posted Image

Lag? What lag?

Indeed..

Here's what Golfy had just before it went to its new owner..

Posted Image

Allard made it for me.. and its available from them now.

Proven 400bhp friendly with no pressure loss.

Huge Core. Worked very well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.