Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking at a FMIC mod sometime in the next few months. My research a led to the following options

Merc Sprinter

MkIV 150pd

Octy Vrs

or the usual Allard / Forge jobbies but I want to keep the cost down.

has anyone got any advice or experiance of any of these set ups.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how come it didnt work out cheaper?

JBS have quoted me ?1089, fitted. good job I was sat down eh[:'(]

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

but speaking to you about my intercooler is just tempting fate. I can almost hear it self distructing on the driveway as we speak.

?700 ouch

May keep a eye out in the breakers try and find a rear ended Octy or 150

Richard

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Over a grand?! Lmao.

Buy the Forge kit without the crash bar and fit it yourself, should come to under ?600.

Mine came to about ?800 total.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate

I have head light washers and would really like to retain them, the forge intercooler isnt compatable according to Awesome's site unless I lose them.

Ive heard of people using the Merc Sprinter cooler, I wonder if any forum members have installed one

BTW did you DIY yours?.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Cheers mate

I have head light washers and would really like to retain them, the forge intercooler isnt compatable according to Awesome's site unless I lose them.

Ive heard of people using the Merc Sprinter cooler, I wonder if any forum members have installed one

BTW did you DIY yours?.
From seeing GaryM's pics I see no reason why any modifications would be needed for headlight washers (doesn't look like he needed!)

Yeh I guess you could say that, I bought the core, silicone and clamps. I then dropped the car off with a fabricator where i told him what modifications I wanted done to the endtanks and where i wanted the pipes to run etc.

But if I could weld/had a welder i'd have done everything myself!!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I thought Gary had the Ocy cooler done a JBS
Bingo!!

Mine is a Forge item developed for the Octavia, its slightly taller than the Golf version.
It was also fitted without modification to the headlight washers which was a big bonus with having xenons.

Posted Image

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gary

That looks the dogs mate. was it easy to install..

also does the fact that the cooler almost totaly covers up the rad affect coolant temps.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I too was thinking of this idea. But can anyone tell me if a PD150 intercooler and all the pipe work will fit straight onto my 1.8T (aum).

OR am I going to need custom intercooler pipes.

I'll fit it myself so looking for the easy fit option, oh and I can weld if need be.

Thanks

Carl

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Gary

That looks the dogs mate. was it easy to install..

also does the fact that the cooler almost totaly covers up the rad affect coolant temps.
Cheers Mr Green!!

I let JBS loose on it whilst my car was in having a Quaiffe ATB diff fitted along with Custom-Code Phase 2 (from Phase 1). It made more sense getting it all done within a week due to me living 90 miles away.
Installation is relatively simple, you'll need a jigsaw to take a little of the crash bar away and a dremmel or similar to trim the rear of the bumper.
Coolant temps now hit 96 degree's instead of 94 logged with vagcom so the effect it minimal and nothing which would cause any concearn at all.

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Hello,

The price quoted for the FMIC is for a custom made piece of equipment that can only be sourced by JBS Autodesigns.

This would include eight hours labour to fit this custom FMIC.

It cannot be compared to any other FMIC.

If you would like information on this or any other JBS products please do not hesitate to contact us.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Got the Neuspeed item fitted to my car supplied by Awesome.

Brilliant fit and quality fixings and pipe work. Works brilliantly on track where it's most needed.

Ian

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

Ian is correct , we can supply the Neuspeed ones.

With the discount too.

So with that in mind , this would be ?509.15 +VAT supplied.

But we can also get the Forge products too.

Hope this helps

Sarah

1 - 20 of 21 Posts