Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been toying with the idea to fmic my pd100 but before i go ahead and do this and spend the £££

what sort of gains will i get and is it really worth it ?

the other option is a straight swap for a uprated smic ? again what gains will i get

thank you

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cleaning and maintaining your original kit will be sufficent. Have you had a remap done?? if not consider spending the money you would on your fmic on that instead. Unless you're going to go for seroius bhp numbers there really isn't any point and starting off with a pd100 you're not going to get much anyway without spending a whole load of money. Even the uprated smic aren't that good and seeing as you already have one of those it'd be a waste of money and your effort for not very big gains.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i see i didnt realise the standard 1 was good enough

the mods i have planned was:

pd130/150 injectors,air intake,maf/map sensors , intake manifold,pd130 turbo or possibly hybrid

then remap .

already have a free flow exhaust 1.8t pancake pipe and 57mm boost pipes

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a customer running just over 200bhp on a standard smic at the moment (will be changed for fmic soon), no reports of heat soak yet, the car is not smoking yet either,

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a customer running just over 200bhp on a standard smic at the moment (will be changed for fmic soon), no reports of heat soak yet, the car is not smoking yet either,
i should be fine then as i doubt ill gain 200bhp out of a pd100 lol thank you

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a spec list for the pd100s or any idea of what mods I would love 200bhp that was my aim i'n the first place

1 - 8 of 8 Posts