Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for somewhere cheap to supply and code a flip key for my car? any ideas other than the stealership?

thanks in advance

Paul :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Buy a new blank key (complete) on the bay...take it somewhere to get it cut and shout out in here see if someone near you can do it for beer tokens....?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Erm yes. Think I paid £40'for a full blank key fob with new transponder. Be SURE part numbers match. If you do a search on here, the info is on here. Think it cost me £15 to get it cut. Then beer tokens for programming.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a lot better tha stealer ill get on it. im not sure if mine is a 2 or 3 button remote as i only ever had a valet key for it

·
Multi-tasking. Slowly.
2,639 Posts
I need to get something done about mine too - my driver and passenger door unlock with the remote but the rears dont - plus, none of them will open with the key - it twists but nothing happens! If my battery ever fails in the remote I'm screwed!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I bought a flip key off eBay, got it cut and then swapped the transponder chip from my standard key into the new flip key. No need for re-coding cost me about £20 for a genuine key and blank blade off eBay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.