Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a spare key fob off of ebay, and a blank blade that needs cutting,anyone know where I can get this done and roughly how much it'll set me back? I went to a Skoda dealership yesterday as it's close to me and they said that you have to order a spare key direct from VW as the keys are laser cut and no where will be able to cut them, but I'm sure I have read on here that others have had them cut before. ANy advise much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Try KLCK 0208 814 3260. They might let you send in your key & would cut it for you. They are laser cut so no dealership will do them on site.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Try your VW main dealer, I got mine cut for ?11 while I waited.

All that sending off to Germany is a load of rubbish. I had my key (from ebay) cut and coded within 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
20valve - You might be able to help me out here as my local dealers seem completely clueless!

I've got a flip-key/fob all in one but have no spare key - Any idea on prices to get another complete lot?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I've got a flip-key/fob all in one but have no spare key - Any idea on prices to get another complete lot?
?40 maximum off ebay, I just sold one for ?21 that I bought by mistake for ?40 [:(] (There are different types so make sure you get the right one)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, i just took it to my local key place and they did it for about 7 and just copied the original i had
Was that somewhere like timpsons? What were they called?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
They are laser cut so no dealership will do them on site.
I thought you worked for VW [:p] Richard Alexander VW Leeds cut them onsite.
They must have bought a machine for it then, only worth while getting one if you are selling loads of keys....

We just use KLCK, all keys are genuine VW, they give you more discount then VW & you get a sweetie along with your key[:D]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Anyone fancy updating me on the different types?

Also, if I buy one, get it cut - How do I go about getting it to work my alarm?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Anyone fancy updating me on the different types?

Also, if I buy one, get it cut - How do I go about getting it to work my alarm?
What year is your car? Set your model in your profile, this is why it is there [:p]

Coding to work with the car cost me 30 mins labour at the dealers

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
1J0 959 753 AG is what you will need, double check be pulling your key apart, part number is inside. This is the type I just sold!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do all the 433mhz ones work on a 433mhz car? I know this sounds stupid,but the part numbers changed over. Anyone used a newer key with a car that was originally with an older one?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Do all the 433mhz ones work on a 433mhz car? I
know this sounds stupid,but the part numbers changed over. Anyone used
a newer key with a car that was originally with an older one?
Newer keys are 434Mhz, not 433Mhz, so they won't work

·
Registered
316 Posts
what if i go about getting either a porsche or bentley key.. would i be able to set that up if it uses the same 433mhz as mine?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
When you get a flip key cut, do you give the place the full key assembly or do you just have to give them the blade of the key? if so how do you go about getting the blade off the body of the key?

Cheers Paul

1 - 20 of 24 Posts