Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeyaSomeone tell me why after locking the car the 'flashers blink' then if you press 'lock' again they blink once again?Why is this?Cheers

·
Super Moderator
50,206 Posts
They should only flash if the deadlocking has worked,pressing the button a second time will presumably lock it a second time?

Chris.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
So you press the lock button on the fob, the doors lock and then the indicators flash once?... its meant to do that [:cool:]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea they flash when you press the button the first time and the car locks!However if you press it again (once the cars locked) they flash again!Just wondering if there was any reason for this?Cheers

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
pressing lock again, u will usually hear the doors clunk again and thats disabling the deadlocks! u can tell when u unlock it because its not the normal clunk! its shorter!

if u dont hear them clunk, its just confirming its locked i think!

HTH

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Yeah thats what I thought, when you press the lock button again and they flash its just so you know that the car is locked, I done it earlier pressed lock twice as I couldnt remember pressing it the first time (even tho it was only 10 secs ago [:|]) and the indicators flashed but I didnt hear it lock again but I was quite far away.

·
Registered
201 Posts
indicators flash to acknowledge that the car has "heard" you.

I believe it's one click to lock and deadlock, two clicks to lock but disable deadlock. So when you click your car for a second time just to be sure... you're actually making it less secure... Sometimes I wonder how (or whether) these designers think... [:S]

·
Super Moderator
50,206 Posts
They probably think that it makes the car secure,as with other cars you have to remember to either press and hold,or press twice to deadlock,this way you can't forget to deadlock it.If you stand next to the car and listen for the clunk,and/or watch the pins go down AND watch for the indicator flash,that's normally a good sign that the cars locked.

Chris.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I seem to remember that pressing the fob a second time disengages the alarm & deadlocks.

I'm sure this is all covered in the manual.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They probably think that it makes the car secure,as with other cars you have to remember to either press and hold,or press twice to deadlock,this way you can't forget to deadlock it.If you stand next to the car and listen for the clunk,and/or watch the pins go down AND watch for the indicator flash,that's normally a good sign that the cars locked.

Chris.
Yeah, I get that bit... but I've lost count of the times I've locked the car while I'm day dreaming, wandered around for a few minutes doing this and that and then thought as I walked away "hmmm... did I lock the car..." - natural to give a quick blip over the sholder to check = no deadlocks...

Heh, heh.. if that doesn't sound familiar to any of you, give it a few years and it will... it's an age thing! [:D]

·
Registered
841 Posts
pressing the button again disarms the interior sensors.  the idea is if you have pets left in the car and you don't want them constantly setting the alram off

·
Registered
201 Posts
when deadlocked, they can't be opened from the inside - stops people breaking window and using inside door release to open the door.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
pressing the button again disarms the interior sensors. the idea is if you have pets left in the car and you don't want them constantly setting the alram off
You know the button just behind the drivers seat near the floor, thats what I thought that was for to turn the sensors off.

·
Registered
841 Posts
pressing the button again disarms the interior sensors. the idea is if you have pets left in the car and you don't want them constantly setting the alram off
You know the button just behind the drivers seat near the floor, thats what I thought that was for to turn the sensors off.
does the same job as pressing the lock button twice [:)]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
no it doesnt, pressing the lock button twice turns off your deadlocks, pressing the button on the B pillar just turns on the interior sensors!

Its all in the manual!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
no it doesnt, pressing the lock button twice turns off your deadlocks, pressing the button on the B pillar just turns on the interior sensors!

Its all in the manual!!!
it does both!! according to my manual it turns off the deadlocks and anti-theft alarm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts