Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only reason I ask is because I have found new 10mm spacers for ?25 a pair and always thought they were worth more than this. Also due to the offset of my wheels I have 3mm front and 5mm rear spacers at the moment just to clear the brakes. Because of this what are your opinions on getting a thickness greater than 10mm. Would the 10mm be noticeable?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
cheaper price = cheaper quality - noramlly

mine cost about ?75 for FK ones on a group buy on here

mine are 15mm on the rear with longer bolts.

make a hugeeeeeee difference to the appearance.

may be selling mine soon if i have new allys though [;)]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
whats this:

Normal retail price ?349inc vat

a typo maybe????? lol

my locking bolts were very hard to get and cost about ?30 extra (from zeniths, they cut them down for me aswell)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its not a typo then someone has been smoking something funny. ?60 for the set for 15mm's and extra for the bolts would be about right though? Didnt think of Zeniths, good shout.

Got a trip to Newcastle soon and have to get them before then as the spacers I have at the mo are terrible. Cheap and nasty, universal fitting and I done really trust them.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
iv got some FK's mate. good quality and i paid ?90 from a group buy off here with 4x15mm spacers and 20x nuts

sold one set now and only got them on the rear as i got new wheels that were wider.makes the car look fat now and i love it...thats a good price mate

gray

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
sorry was to graygti. obviously if you are interested in them you can have first dibs, dont want to hi-jackyour topic lol. just if your not I could be.

mike

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No its alright I will buy new anyway. Just got confused as it seems Gray has only got two on the back now and has sold the others.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
No its alright I will buy new anyway. Just got confused as it seems Gray has only got two on the back now and has sold the others.
i have heard that anything over 5mm on the front can cause quite bad understeer, someone may correct me if this is wrong though.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I use 10mm on the front of my car and have no probs with understear

only that my spacers are crap and have no lip on them and i get a slight shake on the stearing at about 60-70MPH but nothing to worry about

next meet should be FUN!!!!

Andy

·
Registered
567 Posts
ace i have a set of fk 10mm and they are pants the collar broke as it doesnt have enough machined out so got it done and the metal was too thin . the 15mm are fine though, you are quite welcome to come and try them on your car as i have them off for the winter and am in tonypandy

·
Registered
567 Posts
Posted Image

Thats the rear took the front off will get them machined again as the collar has gone on the 10mm gwent vw said its common with the 10mm spacers

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks fantastic, but I have a real problem in that I only have 17's. Im not sure how it would look as yours is a perfectly snug fit due to the size of the wheels. Whats your opinion?

You know the guys at Gwent VW then? Also the Newport Edition site is cracking btw, saw it a little while back and was very impressed with it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the offer boxxer I appreciate it and it would be the sensible thing to do I know but the spacers I have on at the moment are so much of a struggle to get back on again I am always put off taking them off. I recently had to fiddle with my brakes and it took two of us about 30 minutes to get the b**tard things back on afterwards. Id love to come up but without having the option of purchasing them before I leave I dont think I could handle the stress [;)]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
well come along to our next meet and your can sit your car next to mine and see what a massive difference they make to the rear ok [:p]

be there or be square lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts