Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting some coilovers, looking at FK Highsports or the Konisports.

I no the konisports have adjustable dampers but do you really need them or is the setting on the highsports ok.

Just wondering if i need to spend the extra money.

Does anyone have any experience or opinion on this?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had the highsports before, i rated them.. The damping setting was fine, i think it depends on what kind of driver you are and if your after more go than show.

I've just bought my second set of Highsports today in fact! See R1GTI , he will sort you out a good price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers ill ask him.

I want it to look nice, not too low, but enjoy driving it like a gti should be drove.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've got the Konigsports, they're set on medium-hard and they're quite stiff...gonna get them softened next time i'm in garage. I'm not sure that they're worth the extra money...but i like 'em!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Another vote for Highsports over here.

Was thinking about getting the Konigsports, but I doubt they'd be worth the extra dough

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Quote: posted by budge on 16/01/2005 03:30:32

Thanks for your comments. i dont get what you say about axel load and engine size though.

The FK's are rated on wieght, the larger the engine, the heavier the axle load will be.

So springs and dampers for a GTi would not support the wieght of a TDi engine etc....

·
Registered
742 Posts
ive got konigsports and there set to the stiffest rating ride is pretty rough but thats the way i like it!

·
Registered
742 Posts
no not yet it doesnt bother me at all though a few of my passngers complain and my dad thinks i havent got a brain cell when he drove after i put the kit on[^]

·
Registered
742 Posts
no not yet it doesnt bother me at all though a few of my passngers complain and my dad thinks i havent got a brain cell when he drove after i put the kit on[^]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Quote: posted by kiz on 17/01/2005 13:33:57

and my dad thinks i havent got a brain cell when he drove after i put the kit on[^]

hes not the only one mate [:eek:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts