Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Video guide

ok this is a guide on how to remove your bumper when you do it'll be pretty obvius on how to remove your headlights and then well..just reverse the steps..and if theres a relay for the angel rings then that goes straight onto the battery..should have the wiring instructions in the box..not that scary..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the info dude. I'm ok with the bumper and light removal. But inside the lights seems so different. Iv taken the bulbs from the old lights and it's not really fitting or anything. Iv defo got the right lights. But just can't figure it out. : (

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
what bulbs are you using mate? when i changed mine to depo ones i had to use H7 bulbs for the main beam..stock mk4 headlights only use H7 for the low beams and H1 for the main..but my depos use H7s for low and main beam..can you post some pics of the rear of your fk headlighs so i can see the bulb holder? i might be able to recognise which bulbs you need to use or give me the model of the headlight so i can find some info for it.should be H7s tho..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi dude. Having trouble with sending stuff. Just seen you build. They are exactly the same as your depo lights. Seems mine are depo not Fk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I get the right bulbs will it all make more sense? Looks like I'll still have all the standard wires. Still there is that right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts