Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got some black FK angel eyes, one of the bulbs - drivers side dipped beam has gone pants - cant see with it atall really!!! not good, i think the garage changed the bulbs that were in original lights to some random bulbs (and one is much whiter than the ohter [:S])

now what can you guys recommend to me as the best bulbs to buy please????? bearing in mind if i buy really white or slighty blue bulbs then i will still have the sort of yellowy angel rings - and i dont want to change the LEDs in angel rings.

i dont want anything complicated for cutting wires or anything - just simple plug and play job!!!

and if i do buy really white or bluey blubs will they look stupid with the yellowy angel rings???

also anyone else who has or has had angel eyes, did they just take the original bulbs from original lights and stick them in the angel eyes???

thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i think you need 2 sets of main beam bulbs for the fk angels.h7 i think.

the origanals would of been h4=dip

h7 = main.

tho the light output from the fk's , is f/ krap.

try koolvw in the clasifieds

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i think thats what the garage told me the problem was, except he put a rubbish bulb in one : (

thanks

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
and if i do buy really white or bluey blubs will they look stupid with the yellowy angel rings???

also anyone else who has or has had angel eyes, did they just take the original bulbs from original lights and stick them in the angel eyes???

thanks
Yes it will look silly with brighter white bulbs with the yellow LED's, and yes i took my bulbs from my old set and added a second set of H7's!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks for the help everyone

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,443 Posts
Have replied to your email

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think you need 2 sets of main beam bulbs for the fk angels.h7 i think.
That's correct!
i have just seen that on this website:

http://www.gti-anniversary.com/

it says

low beam = H7

and

high beam = H1

but from what you said i need 4 main beam H7 bulbs

but i would assume main beam is high beam, meaning H1 off that website, am i wrong???

thanks

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes you are wrong.

if you have fk twin angels,you need 4 x h 7 /main beam bulbs.[:)][:)]
so off that site i need 4 x h7 low beam bulbs right. excuse my stupidity lol

thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
You now have me confused.That site does say h1 and h7 are main and dip,thow the other way round.

Try a search in group buy's,there you will find out what bulbs you need.

They are deffo the same in main and dip,that's for sure.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thought i would use this thread instead of starting another. Ive jus got some fk twin angel eyes and have a xenon kit ready to go on, so do i need to buy to other H7 lights to go with them. E.G can i have each light containing the h7 xenon inside one ring, and the 'xenon effect' h7 inside the other ring?

If that makes sense lol

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought i would use this thread instead of starting another. Ive jus got some fk twin angel eyes and have a xenon kit ready to go on, so do i need to buy to other H7 lights to go with them. E.G can i have each light containing the h7 xenon inside one ring, and the 'xenon effect' h7 inside the other ring?

If that makes sense lol
sorry but im quite confused [:p]

lol

i now have HIDs in these angel eyes.

the hid kit and bulbs are in the dipped beam (projector bowl), withing the ring to the outside of the car

and the rings towards the middle of the car has the main beam bulbs (osram silverstars in my case)

does that answer your question atall lol [:cool:]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I got me a set of the black FK ones too, tried fitting them myself this morning but no luck. Any advice on taking the old ones off? I think I may have to remove the front bumper because of the 2 lower screws on each lamp has very little if not any access.

Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
[Yea im almost 100% certain you'll need to take the bumper off to fit the new lamps as theres just not enough access without doing so.

Do a search on here for removing front bumper, its not too difficult 10-15 min job. Hope this helps. [Y]

EDIT: Oh yeah and post up some pics when you get them fitted mate [:)]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi, I got me a set of the black FK ones too, tried fitting them myself this morning but no luck. Any advice on taking the old ones off? I think I may have to remove the front bumper because of the 2 lower screws on each lamp has very little if not any access.

Thanks
yes bumper off im afraid, not too hard though

have a search on VW vortex for a walkthrough on how to do it. im sure there will be one there somewhere

1 - 20 of 22 Posts