Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oks i work in a design studio and we have a sign/vehicle department who do all our vehicle warping etc and i am wanting to get one of the guys to fit some window tint to my Golfs rear door windows FOC the tints only going to be 70% LIGHT TRANSMISSION, 30% DARK whats best way to fit it as the guys never fitted window tint but done vinyl/wrap on glass is it just the same ? Also can you put it though a vinyl cutter as i was thinking of fitting the tint then cutting a VW logo, or some text haven't desired yet and over laying it on the tint so it stands out so would be 40% LIGHT TRANSMISSION, 60% DARK in a smallish area on the glass.

Thanks any help would be great [Y]

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Shrink it to fit using a heatgun on the outside of the glass first,then transfer it to the inside when ready to stick.

Lot more difficult on the back window,you need to spray it with soapy water and talc to give it enough movement tio let it move to shrink,again all on the outside.

Then when you've wasted about 3 kilometres of expensive tint film you realise why professional tinters charge what they do and that in fact there prices to tint a car PROPERLY are actually very reasonable.

Yes it can be cut in a vinyl plotter,wwe've done quite a few like that with various words and logos sandwiched into the tint film.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shrink it to fit using a heatgun on the outside of the glass first,then transfer it to the inside when ready to stick.

Lot more difficult on the back window,you need to spray it with soapy water and talc to give it enough movement tio let it move to shrink,again all on the outside.

Then when you've wasted about 3 kilometres of expensive tint film you realise why professional tinters charge what they do and that in fact there prices to tint a car PROPERLY are actually very reasonable.

Yes it can be cut in a vinyl plotter,wwe've done quite a few like that with various words and logos sandwiched into the tint film.

Chris.
Thanks Chris, Got in to work today talking the the guys who well be fitting it and [funky] hes done window tint before plus only costing me a pint so me happy now just need to source the tint. need to think of something nice/witty for the tint overlay [Y]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts