Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

justa quick one!

I'm getting a 2001 golf gt tdi 115 soon and would like to put audi rs4 wheels on it

what issues to i need to know regarding this?

i fancy 18's but dont want to lower the car, never have people in the back only in passenger seat.

thanks alot.

Rich

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum,

AFAIK the actual Audi RS4 alloys will not fit onto a Golf but this is good news really because they are very expensive. You will need to buy RS4 replicas which look exactly the same as the real thing. These can be brought from company's such as Rochford Tyres as well as many others. They are available in 17 and 18 inch. These replica alloys will fit on with no problems. They will look fine without lowering the car if you really don't want to. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what size and profile & width tyres would i need to prevent rubbing

thanks for your help Andrew

Rich

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The tyres you will need to keep the speedo accurate are 225/40/18.  These will cause you no problems with rubbing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
only reason i ask is girlfriends dad has a TDI caddy and was offered some allegedly genuine RS4 wheels which seemed to go staright on, would these have been genuine or not?

cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

what does all this PCD stuff mean??
PCD (pitch circle diameter)

Basically this is the diameter of a the circle made if you were to draw a circle through each wheel bolt

Mkiv are 5 x 100mm so they use 5 bolts and if you were to draw a circle running through each bolt the dia would be 100mm

Were as Audi are 5 x 112mm so without the use of PCD adapters the bolts will not line up..

Other thing to check is ET (offset) which tells you how far in or out of the arch the wheel will sit, you want around ET35. The lower the number the more the wheel will sit out of the arch.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
173 Posts
Someone more in the know might have to correct me on this one but i think most Audi's are 5 x 112 now but some used to be 5 x 100

Sorry thats about all i know.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Genuine RS4 wheels which will fit are......

the 18inch ones from an audi TT, i believe 225bhp version, maybe called RSTT i think ones!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts