Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with the wiring for one of these kits; I want the lights to flash and it is 2 door so i only need those connected up. It also has an imobilzor fitted so im not sure if i can use the flip keys provided

http://tntautotuning.com/remote-central-locking-keyless-entry-vw-golf-polo-vento-p-51.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-IBIZA-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-CENTRAL-LOCKING-/370448209845?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56406f17b5

which one is the best to reccomend.

are they infrared or radio frequency

many thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Either will work,but who would buy anything from a company called "Whooooshing?"[:DD].

All of this stuff now is radio,indicator flash is easy and is the car still on vacuum locking the same as a Polo?

Chris.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has central locking same as the equivalant polo, but im not sure how to connect it up. I saw in another post for mkiv golf about attaching to the hazard switch for the lights.

Oh yeah see wat u mean mite buy it from the other one then!.

Not sure where to mount unit or which wires to connect to each door.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Can't tell you the wiring colours I'm afraid because like the Golf they were different every year.You'll need to find the vacuum pump in the boot (in front of the offside rear light) and test the wires there,you're looking for one wire that goes positive when you turn the key to lock and another one that goes positive when you turn to unlock.

These wires will normally be colours with a tracer and WON'T be red or brown.But be VERY careful with them as they must only ever have + 12 volts put down them,if you ground them you'll be looking for a new pump.You can them connect to the same coloured wires in the loom that runs along the inner sill by the drivers seat,you can also get indicators there (black/green and blac/white) and permanent live which should be red/blue I think.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
The Rightclick kits are good,I've fitted lots of them and a lot of people on here have used them without any problems.

If you're lucky and your transponder chip isn't glued in then simply take it out of the old key and put it into the new one.If it is glued in you'll need to buy a new chip for less than a tenner and get it programmed by someone with VAG-COM or at any main dealer.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread nel2006 but my mate has got that whoooosing kit for his 51 reg polo have you brought any of those kits yet as i found it hard to fit and get to work, i mean i can get it to lock but not unlock?

i've read all the wiring diagrams but the one with the kits isn't that helpfull

Ian

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont know much about installing these kits yet. From other posts I,ve read it may be worth re-checking the wiring. They said you will get model specific instructions with the kit - but this isnt very good then I take it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts