Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking purchasing new style lights for my mk4 1.6 golf and was wondering are they easy to fit?

cheers

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
yeah, they're easy to fit, once you find out where all the screws
are.
you'll need to open those side compartments in the boot to get to
them and pull some of the boot side-carpet back to undo the left one. the main thing you need to worry about is dropping the nuts down
the back of the car-use plenty care.

i used an 8mm ratchet spanner from halfords. cant remember the
price but its not expensive. its good to get a ratchet type because of
the difficult angles involved. this is just how i did mine, there's probably a better way- do a search for a how-to guide on
here for some help.

the set you're looking to buy off ebay looks ok to me. it says plug and play so should be a straight swap.
once you know the location of the screws etc, it should be a twenty minute job for both lights[Y]

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can't decide which lights to go for. My car is reflex silver 1.6 match. I have narrowed it down to the below ones below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I haven't modded anything on my car so not sure if the lights would look ok or not.

what you guys think?

·
Registered
64 Posts
[Y]Ahhh haaa... I just did mine today... What a fidly job it is.... It is abit of a pain locating the screws, undoing them without dropping the nuts!!!!

I did swear acouple of times but... it worth it on the end..

I've just replaced my R32 style lights with the fk m3 style ones...

Not to sure how I feel about them yet as they do look very bling for my liking.... Sorry no picks at the moment..

Will sort some out when daylight is back

·
Registered
64 Posts
[Y]Ahhh haaa... I just did mine today... What a fidly job it is.... It is abit of a pain locating the screws, undoing them without dropping the nuts!!!!

Not to sure how I feel about them yet as they do look very bling for my liking.... Sorry no picks at the moment..

Will sort some out when daylight is back [:D]

·
Registered
64 Posts

Will sort some out when daylight is back [:D]

·
Registered
842 Posts
How to fit rear lights - with pics

RCCR`s would look good on silver aswell
thanks for the link. what do RCCR look like?
yeah you need rear refectors or you will fail an mot... you can either take them out for the mot test then put them back in or get some stick on ones and put them somewhere on the back of the car..

my mate had a new cooper and changed his... cops did'nt like it much though got some hassle off them

found them. lol.

Posted Image

Do i have to worry about any reflector issues when I purchase any of the above styles?
anyone help with the above question?

·
Registered
842 Posts
How to fit rear lights - with pics

RCCR`s would look good on silver aswell
thanks for the link. what do RCCR look like?
found them. lol.

Posted Image

Do i have to worry about any reflector issues when I purchase any of the above styles?
anyone help with the above question?
yeah you need rear refectors or you will fail an mot... you can either take them out for the mot test then put them back in or get some stick on ones and put them somewhere on the back of the car..

my mate had a new cooper and changed his... cops did'nt like it much though got some hassle off them

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

can i just stick them over the bottom part of the light?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have some green hellas on mine and have just got 2 stick on rear reflectors stuck on the bumper below the black rub strips on it, they don't look too bad, would be nicer without but I CBA swapping them as im far far too busy.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
im sure with those quality lights above mate they will have reflectors like standard lights? am i right? you will have no worries i reckon dude... i reckon the euro lights for differant or the RCCR lights they suit silver well....

gray

1 - 20 of 30 Posts