Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if some one could help me??<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I will have all the parts to retro fit Cruise Control and I just wondered if someone could recommend a car tuner or garage that could fit it for me.

I live in the South East of London (just within the M25, near Bluewater) and I was hoping to find someone in the area, but I would be willing to travel (but not to far).<o:p></o:p>

I have considered doing it myself, but I do not have VAG com to activate it and I am sh*t scared in case I set the air bag off. My car is a 1.8T, so the additional wires need to be attached.<o:p></o:p>

I was hoping to spend around ?100 and I am also willing to pay around this to a forum member that has already carried out this mod to their own car or others, that feels confident in doing it to mine.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you in advance for any help or advice someone could give me..<o:p></o:p>

Cheers<o:p></o:p>

Kev?<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know whether Big Boys Toys in Lakeside can fit cruise control?
Big Boys Toys can't do it they told me that they don't think it can be done??????????[:O]

Can anyone help......

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It can be done very easily on a DBW 1.8T, as you say Kev you also need
the extra loom of four wires which go from the relay box under the
scuttle pannel to the ECU plugs.

Don't be put off having a go yourself, its a piece of cake.

All you would need then is a local friendly member with vagcom and 5 minutes to spare.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not what you want to hear, but if you lived near me id do it for free mate! good luck finding someone to help!
I've done the same for Smithjoe, Loflux and MikeTDI [:)]
Exactly my point, imo theres no need to offer that much money! but seen as you are offering [:p]

Its a forum for a reason, people help each other out [Y]
have a free BUMP!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Hi ya kev i pretty sure JBS do the fitting but i think they are a bit far

and im sure i have seen a local place to us that fit it ie near us , i shall have a trawl tommorow as im sure we are not that busy at work and i shall see what i can dig up for ya [:)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It can be done very easily on a DBW 1.8T, as you say Kev you also need the extra loom of four wires which go from the relay box under the scuttle pannel to the ECU plugs.
Don't be put off having a go yourself, its a piece of cake.

All you would need then is a local friendly member with vagcom and 5 minutes to spare.
Thanks GaryM

where did you get your info from to install the wiring?

I am willing to give it ago with removing the stearing wheel and installing the stalk, but the wiring and the ECU is something I am not confident doing. I wish you lived closer to me as I could get you to do it for me...LOL [:D] [:$]

If I could find someone to show me what to do then I think I could do it...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not what you want to hear, but if you lived near me id do it for free mate! good luck finding someone to help!
Thanks for the offer mate....

Why don't you do some Christmas shopping in Kent (it's worth travelling that far for...LOL...LOL)..... Bluewater shopping centre is a great place to get your presents... and then you can come to my house and fit the cruise control for me...LOL...LOL...LOL

Thanks Kev...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi ya kev i pretty sure JBS do the fitting but i think they are a bit far

and im sure i have seen a local place to us that fit it ie near us , i shall have a trawl tommorow as im sure we are not that busy at work and i shall see what i can dig up for ya [:)]
Cheers Mate

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Try Simon and Andy down at GMS, I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help

http://www.gmskentltd.co.uk
Thanks for that I'll call them at lunch time.....[:D]
How did you get on ?
I just called them and they recommended that people do not retrofit cruise control

He has seen a few cars with mega problems due to fitting cruise and that retro cruise control never works correctly.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
2000 people cannot be wrong.  Lots of us on here fitted cruise control without buggering up our cars.  I am not a spanner monkey at all yet I managed it with instructions from Foxy and Rally Chris.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2000 people cannot be wrong. Lots of us on here fitted cruise control without buggering up our cars. I am not a spanner monkey at all yet I managed it with instructions from Foxy and Rally Chris.
Your right... I still want to fit it, I guess I will need to read up on how to do it and maybe give it ago... unless GaryM does not mind me driving up to him for him to help me out...[;)]...LOL...LOL...LOL... only joking

1 - 20 of 27 Posts